Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

All My Friends - Bloomfield

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

All My Friends - Bloomfield

Post by Masterplan »

Right near Matron in Bloomfield (yes, everything in Bloomfield is close to one another). A nice stop for hop heads in Prince Edward County. Also does delivery at $10 a case. Maybe not quite on par with Blood Bros or Badlands, but decent for sure.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Glad to see someone posting about All My Friends! I have yet to visit, but did an order a little while ago and everything was great. I'll go on record to say Boujee Juice is one of the best NEIPAs I've ever had.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Only ever had one beer from them, it was on draft at a brewpub and it was really good. I'd like to do an order, actually, but I am worried about brew dates.. beer is too expensive these days to gamble on it.. anyone know if they are pretty good for keeping fresh stock?

For example I was at Counterpart in Niagara and they have SO many canned beers stocked up in so many fridges, it was unbelievable. And indeed, some were past peak freshness in my opinion

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

duckdown wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:39 pm Only ever had one beer from them, it was on draft at a brewpub and it was really good. I'd like to do an order, actually, but I am worried about brew dates.. beer is too expensive these days to gamble on it.. anyone know if they are pretty good for keeping fresh stock?

For example I was at Counterpart in Niagara and they have SO many canned beers stocked up in so many fridges, it was unbelievable. And indeed, some were past peak freshness in my opinion
Can't say for certain re. freshness, but one thing I do if I'm going to order is check a brewery's instagram for the beers I'm interested in ordering. Usually a lot of them will post when they've released something, so I have a good sense of how old it might be. It's not foolproof, but AMF seems to post whenever they release something.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

seangm wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:01 am Can't say for certain re. freshness, but one thing I do if I'm going to order is check a brewery's instagram for the beers I'm interested in ordering. Usually a lot of them will post when they've released something, so I have a good sense of how old it might be. It's not foolproof, but AMF seems to post whenever they release something.
Re: Instagram. Exactly what I do when not only ordering online, but even visiting in store.

I've been meaning to start a thread on my experiences thus far in the Near Beer world (I won't be starting that thread anytime soon... too busy), however I'll say this: if ordering from any of those companies (designateddrinks, afdrinks, upsidedrinks, etc) beware, they will send you beer 8+ months old, some close to 2 years old! So send them a message beforehand and let them know not to send anything you've ordered if it's past X months old.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge