Kingston Brewing Company

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Kingston Brewing Company

Post by Masterplan »

I can't believe KBC doesn't already have a thread, besides being the best beer bar in Kingston, and producing some pretty good beer themselves, they have now taken over the building next door and are opening a new bottle shop. The shop is open for merchandise but still waiting on paperwork for the beer.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I was there once about 12 years ago or so and had the Dragon's Breath Pale Ale. Tasted like a malt extract beer tbh.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:57 pm I was there once about 12 years ago or so and had the Dragon's Breath Pale Ale. Tasted like a malt extract beer tbh.
I remember Dragon's Breath....but it was more like 30 years ago. :(
Can't say I remember the beer much, but it's still one of my all-time favourite beer names.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:57 pm I was there once about 12 years ago or so and had the Dragon's Breath Pale Ale. Tasted like a malt extract beer tbh.
New owners since 2017, have moved the needle in a positive way.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Do they still have the high roller special?

They've completely changed their beer from the bad old days. Give them a try if you see them somewhere!

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Craig wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:36 am Do they still have the high roller special?

They've completely changed their beer from the bad old days. Give them a try if you see them somewhere!
If they do, it's no longer on the menu.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Good to know, thanks!
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I've been going to KBC for a solid 20+ years now. While I avoid the house beers, the extensive guest tap lineup is really good these days- one of the better ones you will find in Eastern Ontario I would argue. I absolutely love the pub atmosphere there and the food has always been solid pub fare and decent value as well. I didn't know they were taking over the place building next door, thanks for sharing that @Masterplan ! I have not been in about 6 months so I am due a visit. Cheers.