Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

brewed.today

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Love the site and very cool article. Interesting to see Rorschach and Bellwoods are really ahead of the pack in terms of variety in Ontario.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Nice to see the terrible brewery with terrible names is no longer polluting the new releases page.

Never mind, they are back at it.

cboden

Post by cboden »

anthony9 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:21 pm Nice to see the terrible brewery with terrible names is no longer polluting the new releases page.

Sorry about the "pollution". If a shop has technical problems or does maintenance my scraper marks the beers as out of stock then next search back in stock which will show up on the site as a "restock", which isn't ideal when it's a brewery's entire inventory. I'm able to quickly manually correct when this happens (not often) but I was away on vacation in June so the site just automated itself.

Who's the brewery with terrible names?

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

cboden wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:42 am
anthony9 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:21 pm Nice to see the terrible brewery with terrible names is no longer polluting the new releases page.

Sorry about the "pollution". If a shop has technical problems or does maintenance my scraper marks the beers as out of stock then next search back in stock which will show up on the site as a "restock", which isn't ideal when it's a brewery's entire inventory. I'm able to quickly manually correct when this happens (not often) but I was away on vacation in June so the site just automated itself.

Who's the brewery with terrible names?
Sorry, I had thought that it was the brewery that was gaming the system, unfairly.

A terrible name is that brewery and another is in southwestern Ontario that is quite cringeworthy across the board.

I didn't want to direct any negativity to you, as your site is a very useful one. I just thought that a brewery was engaging in unethical practices.