Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Delirium Tremens is getting around

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Delirium Tremens is getting around

Post by Belgian »

They have DT in lots more places than some months ago (when it was first marketed almost like some kind of black-market contraband.) The playful name made the LCBO all jumpy & they were famous for pulling stock from their shelves.

All I can say is the Petit Déjeuner on King Street East (near George Brown) has a very fine 330ml draught of this for only $5.50, in relaxed cool surroundings, and cheap Gallic-inspired food. As the owner is Flemish Belgian - and this price is downright reasonable - I rally you BarTowellers to make a pit stop here, for a sip or a bite.

Apparently this owner jumped through hoops to get Delirium Tremens on draught, quite admirable I think for a smaller place.
Last edited by Belgian on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Stomp Brockmore

Post by Stomp Brockmore »

I figured that it must have gotten a new distributor around here, because, yeah, it's definitely turning up in a lot of places on draught. I won't be complaining. :)

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Le Petit Dejeuner is owned by my good friends Tanya and Johan (he's the chef, she runs the front of house). The food is great (awesome brunch) and they are dedicated to good Belgian beer at resonable prices. I strongly encourage everyone to check it out!
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

And the pink elephants and all add to the "festive" spirit of the season. I do enjoy Delirium quite a bit so good to hear, it is more than just a gimmicky beer to me, and I guess all the fuss the LCBO caused about it has helped it get picked up in town!

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Whats the address of this place? Or a cross street?

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

it's definetly getting around. Castro's even has it, and we are WAY out east, in the beaches. They are located pretty much at the end of the queen street car line. And if i recall their prices are prett decent also.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

viggo wrote:Whats the address of this place? Or a cross street?
191 King E
Toronto, ON M5A 1J5, Canada
(416) 703-1560
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

The Nova Scotia Liquor Corp is selling Delirium at $2.98 a bottle and managers at various outlets claim that it will be a regularly shelved item. Unlike the LCBO, the NSLC isn't offended by the pink elephants or the Delirium name. That's good for me.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

my Beach Bitching, part II
robinvboyer wrote:it's definetly getting around. Castro's even has it, and we are WAY out east, in the beaches.
Why do people keep making it sound like Castro's is somewhere east of Tibet? Honestly we have one of the best, accessible Beach communities in North America, very safe with wonderful to access the lake. It's really not that far away from Yonge St. if you study a map.

Guess it's the common perception. ;) I work near Yonge Street and I can zip home in as little as 15 minutes. Some friends I have converted also bought houses here in the Far East.

Maybe it's time to organize a "BarTowel™ Michelle's / Castro's / Beaches Pub Crawl."
In Beerum Veritas

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Belgian, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I think its far, i live out here, and i'm always downtown, i know it's not far. The problem lies in the general publics view of the beaches. Everytime i mention to people where i live, their eyes get all big and say " wow, way out there". I guess most of the people i know are used to their little 4 block radius world. I'm from northern ontario, a town of 6000 people, and 3 street lights, you have to walk EVERYWHERE. so taking a street car downtown is no big deal, but i guess people who grew up 3 steps from everything find the beaches far.

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Don't worry guys - those of us who live west of Bathurst get the same treatment... and we don't have any good bars out here to make up for it.

-Josh

Publican

Post by Publican »

If downtown bartowellers think the Beaches are far they must think that Mississauga is in another country! In fact from my apartment to downtown is 20 minutes on the Go Train. The best beer I can drink (in a pub) is Fullers ESB at the Ridgetown Pub and I am 15-30 minutes from West 50 where I can drink Ontario micros. I still have to come downtown to drink real ale and I don't think I'll see cask ale on tap in Mississauga anytime soon.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

If downtown bartowellers think the Beaches are far they must think that Mississauga is in another country! In fact from my apartment to downtown is 20 minutes on the Go Train. The best beer I can drink (in a pub) is Fullers ESB at the Ridgetown Pub and I am 15-30 minutes from West 50 where I can drink Ontario micros. I still have to come downtown to drink real ale and I don't think I'll see cask ale on tap in Mississauga anytime soon.
move out of the sticks!! :wink:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Well people will go from lower Yonge to Eglinton or even Lawrence, like it's nothing.

Or from Bloor/Yonge out to High Park, or Runnymede, that's pretty far away and nobody even blinks. Queen West is all one happy little jaunt.

You throw a little green valley in the way, and suddenly people go 'holy shit, are there really Starbucks' out there?'
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Plus, there's a LOT more east than you think.

East is the new West.
Last edited by Belgian on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In Beerum Veritas