Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Bier Market on King

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

detritus
Bar Fly

New Bier Market on King

Post by detritus »

Looks like the owners of the Bier Markt (Prime Restaurants) are opening a second location in the old Amsterdam location on King West:

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/516731

-Josh

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

haven't been there in elephant years. ANyone know if they have carried something not available at more cozy places?

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

At one time the King/Portland site was the Rotterdam and the Amsterdam was on John Street.

/old guy reminiscing.
Guess what? I got a fever. And the only prescription ... is more cowbell!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I'm glad someone else said that - when I read the first post in the thread I immediately thought "you mean the Rotterdam".

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

This from the Ontario Brewing Awards press release: "Toronto’s own nirvana for beer lovers".
I just can't contain myself, I've been laughing so hard it hurts. I have to go pee now...make myself some Keiths. :lol: