Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Michigan Brewer's Festival

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

This event will be taking place on July 26th in Ypsilanti (outside Detroit). A few of us are interested in going down for this event. Sadly, none of us have a ride. So the question is, does anybody else have an interest in attending this show? If so, we can work out transport (pay for gas, split rental costs, whatever). I was thinking day trip but it might be possible to stay the night as well.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Sorry Josh, I had forgotten all about that, but, alas, I can't go. My sister is coming down for the weekend and we're going to the zoo. :sad:

Kent

Post by Kent »

Damn, i've been trying to go to this one for years and once again I can't. I urge anyone who is able to, to go. You could expect 30 odd micro's from MI, and they have quite a good beer scene there. Hopefully someone can do a report.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I have a car, and am willig to drive for expenses.

I have a strong desire to go.

I also have a wedding to go to that day. :sad:

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Hmmm...that's a little less than clear. Email me via Ratebeer or send a private message here and explain the situation, and I'll let you know what the story is on my end.

Josh

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

If this comes together as a day trip, I <b>might</b> be able to go, and would be happy to pitch in for transport costs, although I don't know how to drive so I can't help out there.

Sorry to be sort of non-committal, I just need to wait and see how a couple of other things play out before I can give a definate answer one way or the other.

Greg

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

On 2003-07-14 19:21, Josh Oakes wrote:
Hmmm...that's a little less than clear.
Assuming you meant my spiel was confusing, it was my tongue in cheek way of expressing my dissapointment in not being able to go.

scott097

Post by scott097 »

hmmm... never been to an American Beer festival before...

hmmm...

scott097

Post by scott097 »

so, have you guys found a ride yet?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2003-07-23 16:45, scott097 wrote:
so, have you guys found a ride yet?
Four of us (Josh, Publican, Blankboy and myself) are renting a car for the trip.

You planning on driving down as well?

Greg

scott097

Post by scott097 »

I dunno... If you guys still needed a ride, I was going to offer, becuase I haven't made any plans for Saturday. But if you've already figured your stuff out, I guess I spoke up too late.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

You are one coy dude Scott.

scott097

Post by scott097 »

Does that mean you want to come with me Gunny?

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I would, but I'm working another angle with a friend in Windsor.

Slainte,
Jeff

scott097

Post by scott097 »

If my car wasn't 17 years old with 600,000km on it, perhaps I would have offered earlier, but I have issues with my car that aren't settled. Like the wiper motor that's burt out (illegal). But tonight I figured I'd take the chance, and instead of sitting on my patio all weekend, I'd offer up a ride if one wasn't arranged already. It's a tiny little car that does't fit more than two people comfortably, so I didn't think it would be feasible for a drive to Detroit. Also, I don't know the possibilities of finding parts for a BMW if it came down to it, in a city where everyone drives GM's. I'll go anywhere in my car by myself, but when it comes to offering rides in it (especially long ones) I'm a bit cautious.