Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Red Cap - Stubby

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

aeroeng

Red Cap - Stubby

Post by aeroeng »

Noticed today that Red Cap is now in a standard bottle as opposed to the stubby. I though Red Cap was marketed on this premise, and Brick went through a lot of hassle to sell it that way. Why the change all of the sudden. Is the stubby en route to a second extinction?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Thankfully Heritage is still using the stubby.

I love them. They fit perfectly between two shelves in the fridge (rather than having to raise the shelf), so I try to bottle my homebrew in them. You can just fit so many in the fridge!

Being more compact, they shouldn't take up as much space for shipping either... so you'd think they'd be cheaper to ship & also a little more environmentally friendly. There's just so much wasted airspace around the long-necks...

And as Bob & Doug would say, the long neck separates you from the brew! Who wants that?

Well, apparently girls didn't like the stubby & now we're stuck with this American bottle.

We outta start a petition to eliminate the industry-standard twist-off & BRING BACK THE STUBBY!

Do you think we could get David Suzuki on our side?

Rumrunner

Post by Rumrunner »

I really enjoy the Sgt Major IPA from Scotch Irish Brewing and love the fact that it comes in a stubby, as does all their other lines.
Always preferred the stubby over the long neck. It just makes more sense.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Brick has been entirely sold and perhaps been put through lots of changes recently.. I think Heritage will keep on using the stubby. I love having six cold Scotch Irish Stuarts to knock back right from the stubby on a hot Saturday afternoon... it is a nice humble looking little bottle.
In Beerum Veritas

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I bet the stubbies also don't need ot be sorted for each vendor. Everytime I'm at the BS and the line is backed up while they sort bottles I remind them of the opportunity to go back to all stubbies!

I guess they might have to come up with green or clear stubbies for the 'brand before taste' vendors...

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

The evils of "enhanced operating effeciencies".

http://finance.sympatico.msn.ca/investi ... d=17684302