Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What's up with ratebeer?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

The main website is requiring a username and password to access it. :sad:

Any ideas?

Andrew

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

It's obviously down and thats the "gate" while they work on it. There was talk about an operating system switch at one point. Maybe they are resetting the server or something... Or maybe this is the first step of a maliscious alien invasion which has identified ratebeer as home to the greatest minds this planet has to offer... or it could just be down. :smile:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I hacked it so everyone would just use the Bar Towel!!! :grin:

Just kidding. They seem to have frequent server issues.

jgb9348

Post by jgb9348 »

Hey everyone!

I'm a 'regular' at RateBeer, and am currently at school in Rochester and am planning on going up to Hamilton this Saturday for Joey_Capps get-together and to meet [seemingly] everyone at the Winking Judge. While ratebeer is down (and I of course didn't plan for this), could someone kindly post directions to the bar (perhaps from a QEW or 403 exit), since I've never been and i'll be coming from the U.S. It's nice seeing some familiar names here (JerCraigs, etc)...and hopefully my name rings a bell :smile:. Thanks again, and i'll see anyone at the bar or at Joe's on Saturday!

Cheers,
jeremy

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Try this

http://www.winkingjudge.com/contactus.htm

and

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... 2&x=73&y=3

Ignore the stuff about Industrial drive. It's just Burlington Street

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joey_capps on 2003-09-12 07:38 ]</font>

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

On 2003-09-11 17:09, JerCraigs wrote:
...Or maybe this is the first step of a maliscious alien invasion which has identified ratebeer as home to the greatest minds this planet has to offer... or it could just be down. :smile:
I guess I should have asked what's down with ratebeer. :smile:

Cass: You don't strike me as the deviant hacker type, but you appear to have done a good job. They're still down. :wink:

Andrew

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

The forums at http://www.ratebeer.com are up and running. Seems we need a new host once again.

Joe.