Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Danes are coming...

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

The Danes are coming...

Post by Roland + Russell »

The following beers are being offered for Private Ordering. Please note that the quantities are not only limited but also changing on a daily basis and your quick reply would be much appreciated.

Mikkeller (6 x 750 mL):

- Monk's Elixir approx. $ 64.00/case
- It's Alive! approx $ 67.00 /case

Nørrebro Bryghus ( 9 x 600 mL) :

- Mikkels Monster (price to be confirmed soon)
- Old Odense Ale approx $ 102.00/case
- La Granja Stout approx $ 82.00 /case

Please direct you orders and inquires to sales@rolandandrussell.com along with the header title "Danes".

Thank you very much for you attention.

Cheers,

R+R
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Hi R & R,

Just to let you know, reading this new post I jumped to look at what styles those beers are on RateBeer. These look great. When you post up some Imperial Stouts (I know it's probably seasonal) you will hear from me & thanks for all the great initiative you are contributing to the beer community.

Best
JK
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Thanks R & R. La Granja looks good!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Ottawa folks, I've put in for a case of It's Alive, and Monk's Elixir. Please let me know if you would be interested in a bottle or two when they come in. Trades or we can split. =D

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'll get a case of Monk's Elixir - if any Toronto area folks want to split or trade PM me
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

$

Post by $ »

Toronto area - I'd be up for a few bottles of the Nørrebro La Granja Stout if anyone's interested

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

$, I've ordered a case and have a few unclaimed bottles. If you want a couple, I should be in TO frequently by the time they arrive.
Mat

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

this is good news, terrific work R&R, hope i am not too late

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Whats the approximate deadline for this order? is it days, weeks, more?

Thanks!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I would also be glad to take a few of the La Granja Stout (or probably others) and am in the 416/downtown area every day.
In Beerum Veritas

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I have takers for 10 of the monster, do not know the price but given its description and rarity, we are bracing for it

Takers for the last two, who will pick it up from my office at Eglinton and Yonge may beermail me

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

As promised, here is the approximate pricing for Mikkels Monster:

9 x 600 mL / $220 case

We understand that this is quite steep and there are several factors that contributed to this price point including Nørrebro's packaging format of nine bottles per case (shipping is calculated on per case basis), the expensive process (aged in Port and Bordeaux barrels) and the exclusivity of this beer (very, very limited production). The reviews are absolutely impressive and we managed to secure the last 10 available cases of which a few will find its way to our own cellar.

The reality is that after this shipment we will not see Mikkel's Monster on these shores for quite some time.

We don't like to play favourites, but this is probably one of the most complex beers in our portfolio. Those who attended the Danish beer dinner can certainly attest to this.

As far as the timing is concerned, the plan is to close this round of orders by August 5.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I am now wondering if anybody will have a spare Mikkeller of either, or both (Elixir, Alive.).

Again - I am 416 & downtown every day. Cheers!
In Beerum Veritas

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I'm getting 2 of each on the KW group order Belgian - would be happy to part with 1 of each - I am in T.O 2-3 times week. If you want them, let me know and I'll touch base when they arrive.

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Belgian, I still have 3 Mikkel's Monster and 2 Old Odense up for grabs on this order as well.
Mat