Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn 2009 Release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

flip

Post by flip »

biegaman wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:
northyorksammy wrote:popped a fresh corne diable and it was infected, sour little bitterness
So it wasn't fresh then?
The batch I picked up was brewed in June. And NO, it didn't taste fresh at all...definitely nothing close to "perfect".
I picked up 6, also brewed in June, with the same experience: it tasted like the cigarette smoke and I had to pour it down the drain.

That being said, someone I work with picked up some at a different LCBO and found it to be amazing. I'm not sure when it was brewed.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

The six Corne I picked up at Summerhill on Friday were bottled in July and were great. All too drinkable...

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

TwoPint wrote:The six Corne I picked up at Summerhill on Friday were bottled in July and were great. All too drinkable...
The ones I picked up at Lower Jarvis I think were bottled in July (IIRC). I've had 4 thus far and have all been great.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Bought several at Jane/Dundas LCBO. They were awesome! Must buy more....

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Bobbyok wrote:
Belgian wrote: It's quite amazing how recognized this brewer is in Ontario for one completely new to retail.
You mean completely new to retail in Ontario, right? They've been available in many other provinces for at least a year and in the US for even longer.
Correction - It's quite amazing how recognized DDC is in Ontario for a brewer completely new to our retail system. Brand new seasonals flying off the shelves at this rate is kind of rare - but then let's give our province's people credit for having some awareness of some stunning Quebec brew-making that is going on right next door...

I will seek out July bottle dates on the Corné because I definitely need more - it's really growing on me.
Last edited by Belgian on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

The Hofbrau is THE worst interpretation of an oktoberfest I can imagine.

TJ

Post by TJ »

What happened to Samuel Adams Octoberfest?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

It was assigned a number and was on order then suddenly it was deleted from the system. I was told that whoever had the rights for Samuel Adams in Canada or Ontario decided not to bring it in.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Ukie wrote:It was assigned a number and was on order then suddenly it was deleted from the system. I was told that whoever had the rights for Samuel Adams in Canada or Ontario decided not to bring it in.
hmmmmm......thats too bad, welcome (back?) to the forum

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Thanks. I was looking forward to the Octoberfest, I really enjoyed the Samuel Adams Summer Ale especially with that bit of snap to it.