Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Roxton

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Malcolm

The Roxton

Post by Malcolm »

While not a beer geek's first choice, The Roxton (Harbord and Ossington) has improved substantially since my last visit. The new owner ( super friendly dude named Junior) has an all micro lineup - 3 Mill Sts., Steamwhistle, Amsterdam, Wellington and while they are pretty standard fare for us beer geeks, the beers I had tasted fresher than they ever did under the old ownership.
Junior told me the lines are cleaned regularly and he's committed to an all micro tap list, having taken Guinness off ( got tired of dealing with them) and replaced with Cobblestone stout. He's also thinking of ditching Amsterdam for something else. I told him (via Greg's post yesterday) that they have a new IPA in the works.

All in all, a solid place.

Now in a different vein, if you're still hankering for some left-over cask ale from the crawl a couple of weeks ago, fear not, The Rhino will sell it to you.
A waitress told me on Sunday that they are storing it in their cellar and still selling pints of it. I checked the beer menu last night and sure enough, Headstrong, Durham and Ten Bitter are still being offered.
Yuck.