Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

bartle

Post by bartle »

21A Monk's Blood.

This is a "wow" beer...
enjoi

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Had a pint of the Fuller's ESB at the Monk's Table. I've had this beer a bunch of times, and its one you almost take for granted, but it truly is the epitomy of the style and reflects the English sensibilities of brewing.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Founders Samples (5oz) at the brewery in Grand Rapids - literally "right now" using their free wifi in an incredible tap room!

Pale Ale 5.4 ABV
IPA 7.2
Red's Rye 6.8
Curmudgeon 9.8 (not balanced like a Grand River Curmudgeon)
Devil Dancer 12 (112 IBU = well worth trying)

Went back for full servings of IPA and the Rye...

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Les Trois Mousquetaires Extreme Series Weizenbock. Man, this is a seriously serious beer. Big big flavour, loads of licquorice, molasses, treacle, dark chocolate and sweet malt.

Must find more..................

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Torontoblue wrote:Les Trois Mousquetaires Extreme Series Weizenbock. Man, this is a seriously serious beer. Big big flavour, loads of licquorice, molasses, treacle, dark chocolate and sweet malt.

Must find more..................

One bad ass beer my friend.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Short's Brewery - Huma Lupa Licious on tap at Hopcat in Grand Rapids.
Fantastic American IPA!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Short's Key Lime Pie on cask at Hopcat..... I am stunned, not my normal hop bomb, but this is really nice beer. The waitress brought it over un-requested as part of Hopcats "Sunday night Short's Rare Cask" offering. The lime and even the graham cracker/marshmallow flavour is really pronounced in there. Who knew? If you haven't been to Grand Rapids.....go.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Went to an outside camping type event for Saturday day/night. I brought a 6 pack of 10 Bitter Years, 6 pack of Duggan's #9, a growler of Duggan's German Pils, Edel Weisse, 2 St Ambroise Oatmeal Stouts, Peche Mortel, Green Flash Barley Wine, Green Flash Imperial IPA, Smuttynose Quad, BrewDog/Stone Bashah, and BrewDog/Mikkeller Divine Rebel. Needless to say, I had an awesome time. I saved the Peche Mortel for this morning to drink with breakfast.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Wellington Russian Imperial Stout

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Yesterday, a Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor and some Big Rock Livingston Lager, the latter at Heritage Park in Calgary (think Black Creek Brewery).

Today, some Orval and a Radler made with Lowenbrau. I usually pass up Lowenbrau, but after walking around all afternoon in massive heat at a festival, the Radler was about the best damn drink ever.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Anker Boscoulis, not too shabby, quite the punch of berry fruit. Earlier today I had one of Matt7215's Sour Brown Saisons on the back deck at sunset. Another delicious brew Matt!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

phirleh wrote:Anker Boscoulis, not too shabby, quite the punch of berry fruit. Earlier today I had one of Matt7215's Sour Brown Saisons on the back deck at sunset. Another delicious brew Matt!
Yeah, that Mo fo needs a brewery!

As does Derek, but he's leaving us for a lesser province, so fuck them overall!!!! My vote goes to Matt!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Great Lakes Miami Weiss - excellent well-hopped wheat ale
Cameron's Dark 266 - meh
Cameron's Lager - good, though not as tasty as Galt Knife

Queef

Post by Queef »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
phirleh wrote:Anker Boscoulis, not too shabby, quite the punch of berry fruit. Earlier today I had one of Matt7215's Sour Brown Saisons on the back deck at sunset. Another delicious brew Matt!

As does Derek, but he's leaving us for a lesser province, so fuck them overall!!!! My vote goes to Matt!
thees a "lesser" province than this one? Are you sure about that? Is there an 11th one now of something?
it's beer o'clock.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Queef wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

thees a "lesser" province than this one? Are you sure about that? Is there an 11th one now of something?
Ontario, and especially TOronto, is the centre of the universe!!!