Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

GR Plowman's Anniversary. That's good stuff.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Just had a few bottles of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin Ale - a great, easy drinking, sweet malt IPA/APA (BA has it as an American Wheat, when NO wheat has been used!!!!)

Now followed by a Pike XXXXX Extra Stout/ First ever bottle not to be a gusher and it is an A+ Stout.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

McChouffe - I've always thought this is a lacklustre dubbel/dark strong. Not much flavour, and still lots of booze despite aging this bottle a couple years.

Next up: aged Rochefort 8.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Coney Island Sword Swallower Steel Hop Lager. Damn, this shit is good. I've been really impressed by Coney Island after initially passing much of it up. The coolest freakin' labels too.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

My 2nd last bottle of Fuller's 1845, think this was a fall 2008 or spring 2009 that it came available but by god is it ever good. Very little in aroma hops left but the nose is like a port wine and the layers of malt are just so good.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

boney wrote:Coney Island Sword Swallower Steel Hop Lager. Damn, this shit is good. I've been really impressed by Coney Island after initially passing much of it up. The coolest freakin' labels too.
Been really tempted to pick up their Big Box of beers that's in our market at the moment.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Grand River Plowman's Anniversary Ale bottled on July 27th.
Well done Grand River!!! Glad to live close to this brewery!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Val-Dieu Grand Cru.

Hell of a brew.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Bell's Two Hearted Ale & Shorts Huma Lupa Licious. Wow.
Wish I had a Smashbomb too...

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Popped over for a pint with Bobsy and had Brooklyn Black Ops 2008 and Nogne Imperial Stout - not bad for an afternoon nip!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Derek wrote:Val-Dieu Grand Cru.

Hell of a brew.
That it is! I really enjoy that one.

I'm drinking a bottle of Meantime IPA, since the LCBO finally got their crap together and found my case. Apparently it got lost in the stock room.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Having a Ölvisholt Skjálfti and really enjoying it.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

My last bottle of Mokah. Had it about a year and it's tasting fantastic. I just wish Southern Tier would make it out to Alberta.

And now just cracked open, reluctantly, one of 2, 5 year old bottles of Old Foghorn. Such a subtle, flavoursome barley wine. Wish I hadn't opened it now :wink:

notdan

Post by notdan »

Creemore Kellerbier x2
Hoptical Illusion
DFH 60 min

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:
boney wrote:Coney Island Sword Swallower Steel Hop Lager. Damn, this shit is good. I've been really impressed by Coney Island after initially passing much of it up. The coolest freakin' labels too.
Been really tempted to pick up their Big Box of beers that's in our market at the moment.
I was hesitant about these guys, but luckily found all of the beers either in larger serving formats or in stores that broke the boxes up as singles so I could try them before going all out. With the exception of the Albino Python, I dug all of them and it lead me to shelling out for the box. Great beers to have on hand when you just want somthing light but flavourful.

Today, Baird Suruga Bay Imperial IPA, Baird Red Rose Amber Ale and some 2002 Barrelli Creek Cab Sauvignon (don't judge me on that last one).