Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

lister wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:It's never been a good Banana Beer. Too subtle and bland and too much of a gimmick. There are better Banana beers in the UK, they just don't get bottled.
I guess I'll be on the lookout for some whenever we finally get to do our Europe trip.
Good luck Matey. I don't think anything decent, or at all, has been made in the past 6 years. The last decent Banana beer I had was in 2002/03!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Last night we had a bunch of beers at Bobsy's.

My highlight was his homemade icecream (made with Dragon Stout & Crispy crunch) paired with a 2004 Niagara Eisbock. Pure malt heaven!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Garrison IPA. Thanks Ralphus!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Derek wrote:Last night we had a bunch of beers at Bobsy's.

My highlight was his homemade icecream (made with Dragon Stout & Crispy crunch) paired with a 2004 Niagara Eisbock. Pure malt heaven!

How does the diabetes feel?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

SteelbackGuy wrote:

Luckily, he can't feel a thing......because of the diabetes. Da dum bum!

(a nerdy, yet inappropriate diabetes joke)

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Torontoblue wrote:Suppin' some Wild Rose IPA for the first time.......................it's OK......nothing special.............just a nicely balanced IPA.
It is way better on tap (and the dry hopped cask versions in the taproom are unreal).

I feel that the bottled version is overly filtered, but it is still a decent brew.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

boney wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

I think it is hilarious! Well played! :D
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

markaberrant wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Suppin' some Wild Rose IPA for the first time.......................it's OK......nothing special.............just a nicely balanced IPA.
It is way better on tap (and the dry hopped cask versions in the taproom are unreal).

I feel that the bottled version is overly filtered, but it is still a decent brew.
I had the final 3 bottles from the 6 pack tonight and they were so different from last night. There was a stronger hop mouthfeel and a real nice bitterness too. Maybe my tastebuds were "off" last night, or the chicken with pineapple, ginger & habernero sauce brought the flavour of the beer out more? But tonight the IPA was wonderful.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

markaberrant wrote:
Agreed! Any of the IPA cask versions are truely outstanding. If anyone happens to find themselves in Calgary on a Friday afternoon, Wild Rose taps a cask every week at 4pm and it's definitely something that should not be passed up.

Drinking a Raasted Rug IPA. Interesting interpretation with some rye thrown into the mix. One of the biggest, juciest aromas I've ever smelled on an IPA. The taste doesn't quite live up to the aroma, but still very enjoyable.

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

Founders Reds Rye after a late night of working......and drinking. This is a great beer, cant wait till I make my way to Grand Rapids in October!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

boney wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

Ha ha! If only... I hiked around the zoo, in the sun, without at hat, partially hung over... thought I might have a heat stroke!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Just cracked a growler of Duggan's London Porter to drink while I watch Seance on a Wet Afternoon. Appropriate for the thunderstorm...

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Duggan's #9

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Jean Dit Laforge. Really very excellent.

notdan

Post by notdan »

Trois Mousquetaires Noire. Awesome dark lager.