Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buffalo Beer Run!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

I'll happily pay the taxes and duty if it means not having a 2 year old in my car.
:wink:

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

RayOhm wrote:Where are you guys picking up mixed packs?
hopdevil wrote: I also picked up a Variety 12-pack of Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA.
It contains 2 each of 6 different IPAs:
5 Single-hop: Hallertau, East Kent Goldings, Simcoe, Ahtanum, & Zeus
1 5-hop with all of the above.
Should be good.
The Sam Adams Variety 12-pack was a closed case containing 2 of each type of IPA. I got it at Consumers on Transit Rd.
Last edited by hopdevil on Wed May 18, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

NRman wrote:I'll happily pay the taxes and duty if it means not having a 2 year old in my car.

Amen!

Kids.............................*shudder*
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

NRman wrote:I'll happily pay the taxes and duty if it means not having a 2 year old in my car.
Yes talk about an economic fallacy. My sister's kid does barely enough work to cover the cost of the feed.
In Beerum Veritas

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

SteelbackGuy wrote:

Amen!

I figure not having 2.3 of them (or whatever the average is) has saved me $X00,000 which buys a $%# load of beer...AND they are not around to drink it!!!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

NRman wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

Amen!

I figure not having 2.3 of them (or whatever the average is) has saved me $X00,000 which buys a $%# load of beer...AND they are not around to drink it!!!
I hear ya Terry.
What's worse is that some dudes bring their kids to the beer events and I gotta listen to the crying. Faaaaack! Beer and kids don't mix.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

SteelbackGuy wrote:...Beer and kids don't mix.
If it weren't for beer, I wouldn't have any kids!
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

NRman wrote:I figure not having 2.3 of them (or whatever the average is) has saved me $X00,000 which buys a $%# load of beer...AND they are not around to drink it!!!
Cuz that's what it's all about right? Savin' cash, drinkin' beer and no dead weight around. Good on you fella!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Hopaholic

Post by Hopaholic »

RayOhm wrote:
Where are you guys picking up mixed packs? I often go to Niagara Falls NY for beer runs, but Consumers only has bombers and 6 packs. sometimes i go to Wegmans for the 'build your own 6 pack' but you really have to be careful as most of their stock has been on the shelves for months. I have a 'No IPA' rule when shopping at Wegmans.
ya i got mine at wegmans too, not the greatest beers in the mix pack section though, they where stocking the shelf when i was there.
i dont think iol be bringing my 17 month od daughter next time, she was too crazy in the grocery store and in consumers she was all excited yelling BEEEEER! BEEEEEER! She only says 4 words, dad, dog, beer and cheese, lol not even mom or mommy yet

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Belgian wrote:
Yes talk about an economic fallacy. My sister's kid does barely enough work to cover the cost of the feed.
LMAO

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

NRman wrote: I figure not having 2.3 of them (or whatever the average is) has saved me $X00,000 which buys a $%# load of beer...AND they are not around to drink it!!!
Shame your parents didn't have the same realization.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Kids aren't for everyone. I'm sitting here as a 29 year-old myself and think I'm pretty selfish because I have no desire to spawn any kin. I'm quite content spending my evenings with my wife, hiking, or brewing beer.

Its a lifestyle choice, but it definitely frees one up for minor road trips to check out breweries and such.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

dutchcanuck wrote:Kids aren't for everyone. I'm sitting here as a 29 year-old myself and think I'm pretty selfish because I have no desire to spawn any kin.
Having kids is selfish too.
lister

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

If having kids is selfish and NOT having them is selfish...I guess your summary is we're all selfish?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Yep.
lister