Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2011 Specialty Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ukie wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Ukie wrote: lots of the ST 2XIPA (Dundas 144 bottles)

Don't let that fool you. This beer came out on shelves today in London, and by noon, 84 bottles were cleared out of the Masonville location. The CSR said it was one order. Likely an asshole hoarder.

I'll see your "84 bottle ST hoarder" and raise you " one 48 bottle Rogue order".

I was lucky I even got any!
They're everywhere!!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Paul at the Buddha

Post by Paul at the Buddha »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Ukie wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Don't let that fool you. This beer came out on shelves today in London, and by noon, 84 bottles were cleared out of the Masonville location. The CSR said it was one order. Likely an asshole hoarder.

I'll see your "84 bottle ST hoarder" and raise you " one 48 bottle Rogue order".

They're everywhere!!!
I wouldn't say they are everywhere... I bought 20 cases from my store... so in Sudbury, if 'everywhere' is the Laughing Buddha... then yep it's everywhere. And I'm not hoarding... anyone else in Sudbury who follows beer knows that they have to go to the store and order it... I ordered it two months ago and bought what I ordered.

Now next week when I'm in toronto... you can bet I'll be sniping whatever Summer release is around that hasn't been shipped to Sudbury yet.

muah ha ha ha ah ha ...
Paul is the purchaser for the Laughing Buddha and Townehouse Tavern in Sudbury. A great combination of live independent music, good food and interesting beers. 2 bars, 440 seats, 15 taps, 120 bottles, 40 Whiskies and the best patio around.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I picked up the last of the 2 Hop Yard 6 packs that showed up in the Uptown Waterloo Lick-Bow. I'm curious to know if another local Bar Toweler got the other. If not, I can spare a few, though I'm sure more will show up....hopefully. As mentioned in other posts, K-W has been really shitty for beer lately. Thankfully, a recent trip to the States is keeping me happy right now.

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

was at Uptown and Northfield, they both only got 8 six packs. I grabbed one.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Ohh ok, Drinkvine only showed the 2 6 packs at the Uptown location, no message about Northfield getting any :-?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Paul at the Buddha wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Ukie wrote:

They're everywhere!!!
I wouldn't say they are everywhere... I bought 20 cases from my store... so in Sudbury, if 'everywhere' is the Laughing Buddha... then yep it's everywhere. And I'm not hoarding... anyone else in Sudbury who follows beer knows that they have to go to the store and order it... I ordered it two months ago and bought what I ordered.

Now next week when I'm in toronto... you can bet I'll be sniping whatever Summer release is around that hasn't been shipped to Sudbury yet.

muah ha ha ha ah ha ...

Good to know. Though when I said "they were everywhere" I meant greedy hoarders.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

MasterChiefP

Post by MasterChiefP »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Paul at the Buddha wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

They're everywhere!!!

muah ha ha ha ah ha ...

Good to know. Though when I said "they were everywhere" I meant greedy hoarders.
I ordered 24 bottles of the ST 2xIPA fom the masonville location and picked them up today. I didn't even want all 24 but when I asked about ordering some last week they said I had to get a full case of 24. I found a friend (wasn't hard) to take half so I'm happy. Sounds like CSR was wrong about it all being one order.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

SteelbackGuy wrote: Good to know. Though when I said "they were everywhere" I meant greedy hoarders.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

MasterChiefP wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Paul at the Buddha wrote: I wouldn't say they are everywhere... I bought 20 cases from my store... so in Sudbury, if 'everywhere' is the Laughing Buddha... then yep it's everywhere. And I'm not hoarding... anyone else in Sudbury who follows beer knows that they have to go to the store and order it... I ordered it two months ago and bought what I ordered.

muah ha ha ha ah ha ...

I ordered 24 bottles of the ST 2xIPA fom the masonville location and picked them up today. I didn't even want all 24 but when I asked about ordering some last week they said I had to get a full case of 24. I found a friend (wasn't hard) to take half so I'm happy. Sounds like CSR was wrong about it all being one order.

You would never have to take all 24. That's a pile of shit. Just ask me next time you want a few beers.

No matter though. To prevent myself from feeling the effects of the hoarders, I am going to start giving them a taste of their own medicine, by simply hoarding stuff to my store before others get it. I hate to have to do that, but just like the hoarders are doing, I am only looking after myself.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

So if we want these products to keep coming back we have to buy lots, but if you buy lots you're an asshole.

Interesting.

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

Hell if I like a beer and I'm willing to pay for it I'll order as many cases as I damn well please. It's not like they would have ordered any in Sudbury anyways lol.
We can get drunker than this!!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

This is the problem.
Most folks I know do not want to hoard beer because they want everyone to get some. Problem is ( and we're seeing this in London more and more) if you aren't at a store in the first hour that something interesting comes out, you literally don't get even a single bottle. So in order to even get a few, it forces non-hoarders to start hoarding. You get these guys that buy cases upon cases, which is great, but then the guy that just wants a couple bottles is left high and dry.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

SteelbackGuy wrote: because they want everyone to get some.
Too easy!

Just for the record, my local store received their ST and Hopyard yesterday, it wasnt out but the nice CSR went in the back and wheeled out a dolly with 48 ST , 12 Hopyard and a case of I & G Canada 2011 and pointed out the new Schofferhofer Hefeweizen.

Being the gentleman that I am I didnt say thanks and wheel the whole cart to the cash but instead said thanks and grabbed a few of each and left some for my fellow Hamilton BT'ers.

I believe here we are not talking about ordering in and buying but looting the store, as Len says, in the first hour.

My Csrs have told me that they wont be getting a certain beer in but if you want it we will order it for you and they mention that you dont have to take it all. So I will order a whole case and just so it wont go bad or they get stuck with it I will buy the whole case. Gentleman that I am.

Streets

Post by Streets »

SteelbackGuy wrote: You would never have to take all 24. That's a pile of shit. Just ask me next time you want a few beers.
Well they sure make it sound that way. I talked to someone at my local LCBO about getting some Denison's Weiss, and he must have repeated four or five times that I have to buy an entire case since they don't want beer that might not sell just sitting on the shelves.

I'm still not sure how/why this store ended up with a case of Gemini. I bought six of them over the past couple of months, and there's still six on the shelf :). The remaining bottles have now been sitting on an unrefrigerated shelf for over a month, so I think I'll just let them die there.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Just be thankful you get these releases.

Up here in the North, we get NOTHING.