Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

one stop beer shop in Montreal

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BigLuke78

one stop beer shop in Montreal

Post by BigLuke78 »

I have a friend going to Montreal this week and he wants to know where to stop and get some of Quebec's best beer. He was hoping to get some Les Trois Mousquetaires, Le Trou du Diable and some of the non-Ontario offered Unibroues and Dieu Du Ciel. Can anyone suggest a one stop shop in the MTL area?

Thanks
Beer me!

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

If it's one stop you're after, Depanneur Peluso is your place, they have the biggest selection in the city.

2500, rue Rachel East

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Peluso is a great place although I find their prices a little high. But if you need a place close to downtown with everything, there are no better.

Although, if you don't mind a small drive, might I suggest Depanneur Grand Duc

http://www.legrandduc.com/

Another great store and prices are a little smaller than Peluso.

strowlands8

Post by strowlands8 »

I've always found Au Coin Duluth to be excellent. Prices seem to be a little better than some of the other places, and they always seem to have some of the rarer stuff a little bit longer (I guess because it's lesser known?).

BigLuke78

Post by BigLuke78 »

thanks all. Appreciate the time.
Beer me!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

What about Dépanneur Rahman on Laurier? Is it still there? The place looks like crap, but they had good selection and prices.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

The_Jester wrote:What about Dépanneur Rahman on Laurier? Is it still there? The place looks like crap, but they had good selection and prices.
Rahman you really have to look at the bottling date. Christ I found old Bierpholie bottles there. The other problem with that place is there is no temp control.

How good is the beer if it's been on the shelf for a year under sweltering heat in the summer?