Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill Race Mild winning gold...

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

IPASlav

Mill Race Mild winning gold...

Post by IPASlav »

...at the U.S. Open Beer Championships...this is a few weeks old, but I just read this press release and thought it worth sharing.

Way to go Grand River, and maybe this means we'll see Mill Race Mild in the LC at some point...

http://grandriverbrewing.com/mill-race- ... pionships/

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

It's a really good beer - Far more flavour than a beer with it's ABV has any right to have.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

sprague11 wrote:It's a really good beer - Far more flavour than a beer with it's ABV has any right to have.
Agreed. It's easily one of my favourite OCB beers. I always send a bottle as extra when I trade with people and every one of them so far as had only very positive things (and ratings) for it.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

An excellent beer and definitely deserving of awards...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

How does this work? I scanned the whole list and I am shocked to see certain Ontario breweries winning multiple awards - most notably Neustadt being named the 8th best overall brewery. Looks like the guys from Niagara College even won a couple of medals ....

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

Congrats to Grand River - good job guys!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I didn't know this was now a sour ale! Mild, yet sour, it's like a whole new style! Omfg!

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

JesseM wrote:I didn't know this was now a sour ale! Mild, yet sour, it's like a whole new style! Omfg!
Wait, what?

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

I'm definitely curious about this comment as well.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I got a bit of sour aroma, but nothing in the flavour or body to make it seem sour when I sampled it at the C'est What festival last week
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

My August 26th bottles of Mill Race tasted pretty off as well. Not super sour or anything but definitely unpleasant.