Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Spring Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

philmen

Post by philmen »

There was 7 Kehnhenn left on the shelf as of 5pm at the Yonge & Dundas (Atrium On Bay) LCBO.

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Kuhnenn, BIA IPA, Hopwired and the flying monkeys IIPA were at the shiny new LCBO near Danforth and broadview.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

It looks like we're SOL on the St Landelin.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Just picked this up at the Church and Carlton LCBO

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Weebay wrote:Just picked this up at the Church and Carlton LCBO

Stop trolling!

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

LCBO site shows quite a few bottles of 4D around....hope to pick one up later today/tomorrow.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Why the two different labels on the 4d?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mixedup wrote:LCBO site shows quite a few bottles of 4D around....hope to pick one up later today/tomorrow.
I hope the price gives me a chance to try 4D before it buying an armload more. Some beers in this category are certainly worth it and this #1 rated Old Ale at LC is an extremely encouraging entry to see in our market.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

robinvboyer wrote:

Why the two different labels on the 4d?
Um...a barrel aged at the LC?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

jprime

Post by jprime »

Definately looks like a BA4D. Wonder if one got mixed in with the order. Lucky you!!!!

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

I went looking at 2 stores that had 4D, all were the reg... grabbed a bunch anyway, but would like to try the other.... maybe its on purpose, like when they used to insert special collector cards at random in bubble gum packs.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Pretty sure that picture is a joke and the guy already had BA4D. As much as I'd love that not to be the case..!
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Cale wrote:Pretty sure that picture is a joke and the guy already had BA4D. As much as I'd love that not to be the case..!
Sadly only regular 4D now in at Dundurn along with the Hopwired, Cervesia, Chaman, Unibroue 17, BIA, Panil and Jaipur.

That 4D is best before 2017/01/01.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Ukie wrote:
Cale wrote:Pretty sure that picture is a joke and the guy already had BA4D. As much as I'd love that not to be the case..!
Sadly only regular 4D now in at Dundurn along with the Hopwired, Cervesia, Chaman, Unibroue 17, BIA, Panil and Jaipur.

That 4D is best before 2017/01/01.
They also had Moinette Brune and St Feuillien Grand Cru, although just in their cute little 12x330ml cases sitting on top of something like Brava.

People think the bottling date on Hop Wired is bad - BIA is from MID-NOVEMBER!

Had to swing by a second time to pick up a 4D for some jerk who left town and both times I bought it the cashiers were confused by the price and thought it was an error. Apparently she was so confused the first time she didn't scan one of them in ;)
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Ha. The guy who scanned my bottles of 4D was sure the price was a mistake too.