Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2012 Winter Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cyrenaica

Post by cyrenaica »

There were a handful of bottles of both the Canny Man and Jewbelation at the RBC Plaza LCBO at 4pm this afternoon if anybody is still looking.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Pretty pumped to find Jewbelation in Thunder Bay... Will definitely be taking down a few of these while they're available!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Andrenaline wrote:Pretty pumped to find Jewbelation in Thunder Bay... Will definitely be taking down a few of these while they're available!
You know I thought this beer would be a chore, but I really liked this. It would age like a Methuselah, and an open bottle of a beer this strong (stoppered in the fridge) keeps well for a few days of casual sipping - in my opinion the exposure to air makes the flavors open up and improve!

Yes, I can knock back an equivalent bottle of 14% wine (thank you Mr. Sid & the Session Police) but with Jewb. Sweet 16 it would be overkill and a waste to drink all at once, since it has some intense, deep and, of course Schmalz-sweet flavors. You might not drink a 750 of good Sauternes or Porto all at once, either, out of respect.

Jump in and buy a few? Why not. L'Chaim!
In Beerum Veritas

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Great review! I think you've convinced me to pull mine out of the cellar and crack it now. Or buy a couple more for cellaring ....

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Belgian wrote:
Andrenaline wrote:Pretty pumped to find Jewbelation in Thunder Bay... Will definitely be taking down a few of these while they're available!
You know I thought this beer would be a chore, but I really liked this. It would age like a Methuselah, and an open bottle of a beer this strong (stoppered in the fridge) keeps well for a few days of casual sipping - in my opinion the exposure to air makes the flavors open up and improve!

Yes, I can knock back an equivalent bottle of 14% wine (thank you Mr. Sid & the Session Police) but with Jewb. Sweet 16 it would be overkill and a waste to drink all at once, since it has some intense, deep and, of course Schmalz-sweet flavors. You might not drink a 750 of good Sauternes or Porto all at once, either, out of respect.

Jump in and buy a few? Why not. L'Chaim!
I drank the 15 in a single sitting, though it was the only brew I drank all night... I picked up a few extra of the 16 and will take your suggestion to consume a bottle over a couple nights! I'm inclined to agree that a bit of air helps to bring out a unique flavour profile. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wonder if the hebrew will ever make it to Ottawa..

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

spinrsx wrote:wonder if the hebrew will ever make it to Ottawa..
Stock showing at Bank/Walkley and Kanata-Market Square.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

thanks, saw that too. Stores aren't getting much though.. one case of 12 per store?

Ceecee wrote:
spinrsx wrote:wonder if the hebrew will ever make it to Ottawa..
Stock showing at Bank/Walkley and Kanata-Market Square.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

It will probably be like some of the other releases. It starts trickling, we all elbow and push to get the few bottles and then the spigot opens and 100 bottles roll into Ottawa.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

It appears that Samichlaus has been un-discontinued. It's showing new stock in one store in Ottawa so far.