Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Some people are just more perceptive of ongoing developments than other I guess.
In Beerum Veritas

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

So, we know what some individuals ARE NOT drinking, and we know what some individuals MAY BE drinking, but what'RE you drinking RIGHT NOW?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

rejtable wrote:So, we know what some individuals ARE NOT drinking, and we know what some individuals MAY BE drinking, but what'RE you drinking RIGHT NOW?
Water.

You said right now. :wink:
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

lister wrote:
rejtable wrote:So, we know what some individuals ARE NOT drinking, and we know what some individuals MAY BE drinking, but what'RE you drinking RIGHT NOW?
Water.
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Who's hating? It's what I'm drinking.

I'm at work and have to drive home afterwards (BOOOO!)

Beer will be later.

I'm thinking of going to see Andrew Jackson Jihad tonight at Lee's Palace plus maybe Hollerado afterwards if I'm not tired as I've seen them already. The beer at Lee's Palace blows so drinking at home it is!
lister

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Andrew Jackson Jihad is at lee's tonight???

Amazing! I live like 3 min away.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

lister wrote:Who's hating? It's what I'm drinking.
Haterade is just an awesome word though, and we like dropping web memes don't we?

I'm drinking Tree Mellow Moon Pineapple Hefeweizen. I'm wondering if the Jolly Pumpkin I picked up will rock my taste buds, or what.

* PS * thanks everyone for ten years on Bar Towel. Nice knowing you folks and I appreciate what you all do.
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Last night:

Alley Kat Old Jake's Farmhouse Ale
Maine Beer King Titus
Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher Imp Stout
Clown Shoes Crunkle Sam Barleywine

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Indie Ale House Instigator IPA, bottled version. I aged this about 6 months at cool room temperature. Over this period, it developed a subtle but unmistakeable fruity brett taste which marries well with the West Coast hopping. Tasted blind it could be mistaken for Orval. A good example of the character the old English IPAs acquired during long storage and shipping.

Wellington Shangri-la IPA. Canned version, from the brewery. Full, clean flavours, everything in the right place, quite like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, IMO.

Gary
Gary Gillman

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca - GUSHER, but tasty. Need a Duvel Tulip glass to catch the foam-up so you don't lose one-third of the bottle on your countertop.

Ayinger Brau Weisse, a good Hefe. Leans to pale sweet fruit, banana and creamy vanilla.
In Beerum Veritas

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Heady. Topper. :)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

just had a Jever pilsner - crisp and refreshing. Now I'm onto the Omnipollo DIPA, really hoppy and lots of west coast IPA flavours

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

Prairie Ale. First time having this one for me. Not bad, but it kind of tastes a little like dirt. Onto my Hibiscus-Yuzu Saison next.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Last night with Sprague and DaPan

my homebrew APA
Stillwater Debauched
Trou du Diable PunkRauch
Three Floyds Alpha Klaus
Stone 11.11.11
Amsterdam Fracture

topped with a nip of Black Grouse Alpha
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Side Launch Weissbier faithfully carries on the Denison's tribute to Bavarian Classic. Less citric bite this time around, smooth.

Omnipollo DIPA is so good it's stupid, really. Enjoyed with Select Fine Foods grilled Nuerenburger brats made with Berkshire pork. NICE.
In Beerum Veritas