Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mississauga help

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Old Credit Amber just won a medal from the Canadian Brewing Awards. I was bit surprised. i may give it another taste since I haven't had it in a while. I wasn't terrible impressed the first time I had it but who knows.

nuggett

Post by nuggett »

Cooperrs Pub on Dundas..

About 30 beers on tap, although nothing too mindblowing.

They have Cafferys, boddington, harp, strongbow, guiniess, smithwicks, and some other imports....

No belgians to be seen though...

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

nuggett wrote:Coopers Pub on Dundas...
Now that brings back memories. I used to go there on the odd occasion to watch footy before it became widely available on the tube. I even remember a Rangers-Celtic clash where all the supports sat together and were friendly to one another. Only in Canada!
Guess what? I got a fever. And the only prescription ... is more cowbell!

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Coopers was one of my first GTA local pubs when I first moved here from the sticks 6 years ago. Back in my novice drinking days, I recall being in awe of the selection of taps.

Great Canadian old firm anecdote Mississauga Matt.

nuggett

Post by nuggett »

They have perhaps the worst service on the planet -from the waitresses.

If you sit at the bar, you will get good service - but god help you if you go in for a quick lunch at a table.

Big Bob

Post by Big Bob »

I heard about a place called Tapsters in Mississauga. It was some time ago but I trusted this person's opinion. Is this still a going concern and does it live up to my colleague's billing?

BeerMonger

Post by BeerMonger »

Regarding the LCBO...I recommend the one in the Applewood Plaza off the North Service Road. The manager must be a beer guy or girl because the selection there is far superior to the Port Credit LCBO and even exceeds a much larger store at Mavis & Dundas. When reading posts here about recently released beers and their lack of availability elsewhere in the City I just head to that location and usually find what others have been talking about.

BTW, a good, well run bar with nice looking help and great entertainment can be had at Hollywood on the Queensway (near Queensway & Kipling-north side). It has become the favourite of my cohorts at work and others I know...just the usual Kilkenny, Guinness, etc. though. They have the Hold-Em Poker on the NTN Network also that you can waste some time with.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Publican wrote:Old Credit Amber Ale is Shite.
Motion thirded, and passed... that crap was a big disappointment. And I LIKE mediocre beer! This was like 'Poser mediocre beer.'

In other news, I'm trying Elora ESB this weekend, on Old Faithful's rec. Guy knows English beer apparently. (Hockley and Propeller are just good stuff.)

Hmm... I strayed off topic so I'll have to inject something about Mississauga. Isn't Mississauga where you know you've gone too far west? 8)
In Beerum Veritas

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

Belgian wrote:Hmm... I strayed off topic so I'll have to inject something about Mississauga. Isn't Mississauga where you know you've gone too far west? 8)
Yes, it also doubles as the point of knowing you haven't gone far enough east when you live in the southwest!!! :lol:

Later

DT
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Big Bob wrote:I heard about a place called Tapsters in Mississauga. It was some time ago but I trusted this person's opinion. Is this still a going concern and does it live up to my colleague's billing?
Don't go for the beer... I think the food is Ok, It's not a bad pub, but if they still even have the 'brewpub' beer, it's garbage...