Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2012 Winter Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:I don't understand how a small amount of Rogue Yellow snow was in stores a few weeks ago.. and now there's none to be had.
Weird.

Possible the first arrivals just sold real quick and more will soon be sent from the warehouse. Ask infoline! I never rely on LC online for complete information, I ask questions.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Had this discussion tonight, wondering if it was possibly recalled for whatever reason
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

icemachine wrote:Had this discussion tonight, wondering if it was possibly recalled for whatever reason
SR might have worried that it was actually pee.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

spinrsx wrote:I don't understand how a small amount of Rogue Yellow snow was in stores a few weeks ago.. and now there's none to be had.
There were less than 1000 6 packs that came in....something like 600 or so I believe.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

but only 60 6-packs or so ever showed on the lcbo website

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

It shows there are 2316 units on hand in the warehouse of Yellow Snow right now....I'm going to assume these are for the release. Probably going to be the same bottle date however so not exactly going to be all that fresh when they hit shelves

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

A new list has been released by the LCBO showing the sizes/formats for the beers in the release, as well as a few price adjustments. I've updated the list in the first post accordingly.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Thanks Greg. I am assuming its the Hebrew Jewbelation 15th

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

It is actually HeBrew Jewbelation 16 that will be at the LCBO next month.
Enjoy!
R+R
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

sweet 16

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Grabbed a bottle last month in Buffalo, guess I'll crack it sooner rather than later

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

icemachine wrote:Grabbed a bottle last month in Buffalo, guess I'll crack it sooner rather than later
I bought one in Rochester a month ago. I was not a fan, that being said, I will buy another and let it age.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Kish84 wrote:
icemachine wrote:Grabbed a bottle last month in Buffalo, guess I'll crack it sooner rather than later
I bought one in Rochester a month ago. I was not a fan, that being said, I will buy another and let it age.
What did you perceive as flaws?

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

icemachine wrote:
Kish84 wrote:
What did you perceive as flaws?
This is what I wrote about it:

"I think some aging would do this well, but right now, its sweet, boozy, lots of dry fruit, and a bitterness I do not like."

I agree with a lot of the RB reviews of it.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I wonder how many of these beers never make it to the lcbo.. like the rogue pumpkin or the witches brew triple from the holloween release