Beer store being replaced by condo development

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TwoPint

Beer store being replaced by condo development

Post by TwoPint »

1177 Danforth is in the works for Danforth & Greenwood where the Beer Store currently is.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yeah what isn't nowadays.

I was surprised by a THIRD new condo announced a few blocks down on Kingston road, while the first one of two down the street from me has barely begun breaking ground. 'Opening in March 2016' - yeah right.

Too bad losing a TBS with good parking. If that's one thing TBS do right… heavy bottled goods and short customer visits dictates free parking.
In Beerum Veritas

alsiem

Post by alsiem »

Where will I return my empties?

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Was at the Greenwood store today and they're advertising that they close down for good at end of day on March 18.

The Beer Store near Dovercourt & Dundas has a condo sign up, too.

Any other stores going?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Beer Store at Avenue Road & Bedford Park (north of Lawrence), which is down the street from where I grew up and literally there for as long as I can remember, is gone. Saw the last remains town down a couple weeks ago.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

The Beer Store website has a section called Upcoming Openings but everything listed there are stores (new or relocated) that are already open. None relate to any locations mentioned above.