Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

BeboThoughts wrote:They're showing a beer called Night Terrors. Does anyone know what kind of beer this is? Can't find anything online.
skootles wrote: Neither can I, but I'm going to stop by the brewery later anyway and ask (while picking up a bottle or two of the stout).

Edit: Looks like it's another Imperial Stout.
I stopped by the brewery this morning as a technical issue at work delayed my shift start time. They are both 11.9% Imp Stouts. Night Terrors has almost double the IBUs at 100+.

When I asked about the difference between the two, one of the staff members told me Behind the Wavy Wall should be aged. Night Terrors is best drank fresh, but can also be aged. Night Terrors apparently has some coffee notes to it and does not taste like a 100+ IBU beer.

Wish I could've bought more than one of each, but there's so many great releases around this time of year. I'm on the verge of cellaring beer in my newborn daughter's closet.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Great spot for the cellar. Late night bottle for her, late night beer for you.

skootles

Post by skootles »

I'm in the same boat. The mini fridge I bought to store beers was full a long time ago and my actual fridge sometimes has more beer than food in it. I've resorted to storing some of my cellared bottles in an unused closet in my server room at work. Cool, dark, and lockable :D

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

jp_jkl wrote:
BeboThoughts wrote:They're showing a beer called Night Terrors. Does anyone know what kind of beer this is? Can't find anything online.
skootles wrote: Neither can I, but I'm going to stop by the brewery later anyway and ask (while picking up a bottle or two of the stout).

Edit: Looks like it's another Imperial Stout.
I stopped by the brewery this morning as a technical issue at work delayed my shift start time. They are both 11.9% Imp Stouts.
This year's Double Tempest release is also 11.9%. Coincidence? Probably....

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

Sorry for the double post, but I thought this warranted a bump.

Stopped by the brewery on my way home from work tonight and wanted to fill you guys in on changes from what's listed on the website. There are two new Project X beers available there. A Nu Stout, a 6.5%, 18 IBU stout, and Business Casual, a 6%, 15 IBU biere de garde. Haven't tried them yet, or Behind the Wavy Wall, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also grabbed a can of Harry Porter. It is drinking deliciously right now. If they made it a year round offering in the LCBO I would be so happy.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Upcoming LCBO release of Lake Effect in cans. Hopefully it gets out nice and fresh, I think LE is my favourite of their IPAs.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Craig wrote:Upcoming LCBO release of Lake Effect in cans. Hopefully it gets out nice and fresh, I think LE is my favourite of their IPAs.
Are you sure it's going to be cans at the LC?

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

DeMarco wrote:
Craig wrote:Upcoming LCBO release of Lake Effect in cans. Hopefully it gets out nice and fresh, I think LE is my favourite of their IPAs.
Looks like it's cans at the LCBO indeed. That's great news!

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

jp_jkl wrote:
DeMarco wrote:
Looks like it's cans at the LCBO indeed. That's great news!

That is awesome! I'm over bombers right now.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Monk's Nipple showing in stock at the retail store....whatever this is....

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

RE: Monk's Nipple - Belgian Strong Dark Ale.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I agree, although I have to say that last years, in perticular, faded very quickly flavour-wise. Hopefully canning instead of bombers helps this

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

sofakingdrunk wrote:

I agree, although I have to say that last years, in perticular, faded very quickly flavour-wise. Hopefully canning instead of bombers helps this
Yes, definitely. My favourite of their IPAs and possibly the one with the shortest shelf-life. I wonder how related those things are?

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Also my favourite of their IPAs but I always limited how many I bought because of the 650ml format.

Saw some cans being delivered to C'est What? yesterday and then saw a pic on insta later that day where one of the cans was actually filled with harry porter. Hopefully they sort that out!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

talon_d wrote:
ASaw some cans being delivered to C'est What? yesterday and then saw a pic on insta later that day where one of the cans was actually filled with harry porter. Hopefully they sort that out!
Quite literally a very very isolated incident.