Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Port Huron MI

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Port Huron MI

Post by Ukie »

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, tried a search no results, but Quay Street Brewing is now Thumb Coast Brewing in Port Huron Mi.

http://www.thumbcoastbrewing.com/

I think it is much better than before. Many of their own beers and a separate menu page for other craft breweries they have partnerships with. Really too many to mention.

I had the Hitchhiker IPA $4 a pint and the fish n chips $11.

Side note: Really tough to bring US beer back unless it is something special when the exchange is 37%. I bought the New Belgium Accumulation which was on sale at Kroger for $13.99 for 12 plus deposit plus tax.

edit: sorry about the link, someone thought I could locate some of that Crown Royal for them.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ya I visited Thumb Coast last January before going on to Grand Rapids...simple, but friendly little spot. I imagine it is a popular summer destination given its location....but it was pretty quiet when I was there on a snowy day.

Thought the Hitch Hiker IPA was decent (but nothing special), they make a pretty good root beer too.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I had someone pick me up some goods from Wolverine Market and it was a very nice experience. They have all their stock listed on their website and Untapped. Lots of Odd Sides, Epic and other great stuff from Michigan an beyond. You can see what was recently added on Untappd to discern freshness. I called them up and eventually emailed over my list. They gladly pulled the stock in time for pick up and threw in a free beer to boot! For price reference a 12 oz bottle of Odd Sides Hipster Brunch Stout was US$6.99 and Founders Underground Mountain Brown 4-pack is US$16.99.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

beerstodiscover wrote:I had someone pick me up some goods from Wolverine Market and it was a very nice experience. They have all their stock listed on their website and Untapped. Lots of Odd Sides, Epic and other great stuff from Michigan an beyond. You can see what was recently added on Untappd to discern freshness. I called them up and eventually emailed over my list. They gladly pulled the stock in time for pick up and threw in a free beer to boot! For price reference a 12 oz bottle of Odd Sides Hipster Brunch Stout was US$6.99 and Founders Underground Mountain Brown 4-pack is US$16.99.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Will be heading here for my annual Christmas haul over the holidays and I wasn't aware that they're now on Untappd. Really glad to see them doing this. Like you said, being able to sort listings by date added will help with finding fresh stock. Awesome news!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott