Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

durham brewing

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

fkokot

Post by fkokot »

To Cass,
Thanks for taking time to talk at C'est whats recent microbrews' fest. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am looking forward to adding Durham Breweries name to your list of micro's. We are now working on bottling line and hope to have 6 packs of Signature Ale available for consumption at 30 BRI's in GTA. I also am looking foward to taking you on tour of brewery sometime soon, as promised.

Frank Kokot
Wanabee brewmaster
Durham Brewery

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Hi Frank,

Thanks, it was a fun time at C'est What, and it was great chatting with you and Bruce.

Great news about the bottling line - thanks for the news. Can't wait to try Durham at home.

I'll try to make it out to the brewery soon - I'll call and we can set something up.

Cass

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Frank,

Which one is the Signature Ale? If you know me then you know I've had everything, but this I don't recall. I have an Amber, IPA, ESB, Winter Wheat, Summer Ale, and Blak Katt.

At any rate, I look forward to seeing this out there. There's not enough decent beer at BRI, and all my beer traders around the world will finally get a taste of the ol' County Durham.

fkokot

Post by fkokot »

Josh,
The signature ale is the 'standard' or basic Durham Ale. I have seen it in our 'cool' room in casks. I don't think it is on tap at C'est, but can find out from Bruce a list of establishments carrying it. We demo'd at foodex using SA (signature ale). It is the 'light' not 'lite' ale; ie still 5% but lighter in taste for Brit type ale. I will pump Bruce for more info re Durham ales and keep you up to date. Thanks for your interest.

Frank

fkokot

Post by fkokot »

FYI all re Durham Summer Ale ( and this is winter?)
Summer Ale is Signature Ale "in a cask"

and how about that review of Durham ESB in EYE??? That would explain why I'm going to be working my butt off this weekend casking/kegging ESB.
Seriously - thanks for the good review.
Frank.

fkokot

Post by fkokot »

Durham ESB news flash!!
Along with the excellent review of Durhams ESB at Smokeless Joe, also see Saturdays Mop and Pail (Globe and Mail) - Joanne Kates review of Starfish. Durham is brewing custom beer - Oyster Stout I believe for Starfish. We Delivered ESB also... Soooo for those of you who like shucking oysters along with good beer... bon appetit
Frank

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna have to head down and try out that stout.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cass on 2001-12-12 13:10 ]</font>

fkokot

Post by fkokot »

Cass;
Latest update on Durham Brewing. First have got url http://www.durhambrewing.com and hope to create info re availability etc of our products and locations. Latest for those in east GTA is Gryphon in Whitby (North side of King or Dundas, just east of Brock) they have ESB on tap... we are starting up bottling line this month and hope to have Signature ale REAL soon now in select BRI...Hope to see you soon and get link from your site to ours...
P.S. I guess with Hogtown gone we are only Hemp Ale distributor (only at C'est) in these here parts...
Thanx
Frank

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the update on Durham. I was at the Bow & Arrow this week hoping for some Durham, but it wasn't pouring well and was denied. But I will be back.

I have a suggestion: if you would like to provide to me with Durham's draught account list I would be happy to create a page on the Bar Towel for Durham, including some information and a link to your site, similar to McAuslan:

http://www.bartowel.com/breweries/mcauslan.phtml

(which by the way will be updated soon, as McAuslan has lots of new accounts in TO)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2002-02-13 20:39 ]</font>