Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Small 3 Fonteinen Hommage is on sale for 15 bucks.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

anyone else manage to snag some of the goose bourbon county stout that seemingly randomly appeared on the lcbo website last week?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

My mistake on the other thread.

Armand and Gaston will be an online exclusive. $11.95.

https://www.lcbo.com/en/armand-gaston-oude-geuze-19429

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The Sazerac Whiskey release was this morning at 8:30. They changed it from being an auction to first come first served this time for some reason.

Anywho, the online ordering system is still down at about 10.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Those particular bourbons aren’t usually auctioned, although I’m not sure why they went with the VSO site this time around when they used the main LCBO site last time (and even shipped a bunch to stores too).

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Many of those whiskies usually show up on the spring lotto for Buffalo Trace, and (in theory, at least) everyone gets a fair shot at them. The live bourbon special releases on Vintages never go well, and today was a horror, so much so the they suspended the release, and will re-offer it again, presumably in a different format.

Can't say I was surprised; the way Vintages treated beer releases did quite a good job of reminding me that the LCBO cares about wine, and wine only.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Not into spirits, but just got an email from the LCBO for the re-release of Sazerac on November 24th at 8:30.

The SAQ seems to have had issues with lotteries, but seems like it's been taken care of more recently.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

anthony9 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:36 pm Not into spirits, but just got an email from the LCBO for the re-release of Sazerac on November 24th at 8:30.

The SAQ seems to have had issues with lotteries, but seems like it's been taken care of more recently.
Did they say what's coming? I noticed there's some Sazerac Rye in store near me, so I decided to grab a bottle as I've actually never had it. Not sure if that's typically available though, or just kicking around from the release a couple weeks ago.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Details included in link.

https://www.vintagesshoponline.com/vint ... ntent=Hero

Full Email Blurb below.

Update on the Sazerac Whiskey release

We recently emailed you regarding a Sazerac whiskey release scheduled for November 16. Due to high traffic to the Vintages Shop Online (VSO) website, the release was paused, but we’re pleased to share that it will resume on Friday, November 24 at 8:30 am, on a first-come, first-served basis.

To ensure equitable access, there’s a limit of one bottle per product, per customer, and you may be placed in a virtual queue on VSO to manage demand.

Certain products from the Sazerac release will also be available in select LCBO stores on Friday, November 24.

We thank you for your patience.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

anthony9 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:21 pm Details included in link.

https://www.vintagesshoponline.com/vint ... ntent=Hero

Full Email Blurb below.

Update on the Sazerac Whiskey release

We recently emailed you regarding a Sazerac whiskey release scheduled for November 16. Due to high traffic to the Vintages Shop Online (VSO) website, the release was paused, but we’re pleased to share that it will resume on Friday, November 24 at 8:30 am, on a first-come, first-served basis.

To ensure equitable access, there’s a limit of one bottle per product, per customer, and you may be placed in a virtual queue on VSO to manage demand.

Certain products from the Sazerac release will also be available in select LCBO stores on Friday, November 24.

We thank you for your patience.
Cheers, thanks!