Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Badlands Brewing Caledon

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Badlands Brewing Caledon

Post by GtownRandy »

This brewery started this year on a farm in Caledon. They do mostly hazy pale ales. Their store on the farm will be open in 2018. Up to now, they are only available in local restaurants. Currently their pale ale, Distorted Re-ale-ity is available at a small number of beer stores. http://www.badlandsbrewing.ca/craft-bee ... eer-store/

I drove 20 minutes to Meadowvale in Mississauga to get 12 bottles. It is grapefruit juice hazy, fruity and hoppy, similar to Redline Clutch.

The farm is only about 10 minutes from where i live in Georgetown, so i'm looking forward to going there this year once they are open to the public.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

That is my local store, will need to check it out

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Urotsukidoji wrote:That is my local store, will need to check it out
Tried, it, loved it! Looking forward to more from these guys.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

i'm glad you liked it! i also tried Frozen Pipes IPA and Fat Joe Belgian IPA on the weekend, also both very good. my wife, who doesnt like belgian beers, agreed it was more ipa hoppy, with just a hint of belgian.

i just read on their twitter they will be at the orangeville Brewzapalooza jan 19 and 20

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Badlands Brewing in Caledon has added a second beer available at The Beer Store. Through The Glass IPA, a dank, hoppy, hazy, double dry hopped juicy beer.

Style: IPA

ABV: 6.5%

Color/Appearance: Hazy, pale and straw yellow in color.

Smell: aromas of mango, peach and citrus with just a touch of pine.

Taste: papaya, mango, peach and citrus delivered on a very soft, full body with just enough bitterness to carry the hop load.

Other notes: this beer is meant to be consumed fresh. Please keep cold, and drink ASAP!

They added a couple more TBS locations, Waterloo and Dufferin Mall, in addition to Mississauga, Brampton, Orangeville, Bolton and Guelph.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

I will search this out tomorrow, loved the first one, I re-buy it every time I return my empties.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

tried a couple times to get their first beer in Guelph, found the label on a shelf with no bottles. must sell quick.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^^I picked up two bottles today at beer store in guelph(willow road) the new IPA. I'll get into it on the weekend, looking forward to it as I've heard nothing but good things

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

GtownRandy wrote:They added a couple more TBS locations, Waterloo
Happen to know which location(s)?
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:

According to their IG, King st I think they said

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

wow, that was fast. I just bought the last 7 from Mississauga, was not even on the shelf, had to ask for it.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:

According to their IG, King st I think they said
Thanks. Went there today and they said they sold out in the first day of all 36 bottles of the IPA. Had the pale ale there so I picked up a few. I like.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Sipping a glass of Through The Glass right now. This is a very nice brew. Real New England hop juice. I much prefer the regular IPA strength to the IIPA, which seems to be increasingly common. Worth the drive to Brampton.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Drinking a through the glass just now as well. Really nice stuff, juicy and creamy with just enough bitterness. I hope they start distributing to the lcbo soon, as I don't go to the beer store often.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Looks like they're doing a re-stock today according to instagram. For all you folks who
Missed out last week