Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Caledon Badlands IPA

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

schomberger

Caledon Badlands IPA

Post by schomberger »

Who the hell are these guys????? Just having my first ipa from them and wtf, it's awesomeness, as in Vermont style deliciousness! Remember Collective arts #5?--- Well, I expect that from Collective Arts , but from some barn in Caledon??? The second I cracked the lid I knew I was in for a Vermont style treat---the aroma..... Then the first sip (ok, mouthful)---- luscious mouthfeel and delious taste. Then I was kicking myself--- I only bought one out in Waterloo--- I was actually looking for the Realeity pale ale based on reviews----now I'm thinking about how I can (justify) get back out to at least Orangeville to get more of this (I'm in Newmarket). BTW the pale ale was sold out in both locations, which suggests it's even better. Anyway, back to the ipa, it's vermont, similar to #5, I'm not breaking it down any further; I'm sure you all get what I'm saying. Could this be our Hill F--------?---don't want to jinx them, but.......

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Barncat is our Hill Farmstead. But yes, Badlands is making some tasty beers.

The IPA is hit or miss actually. The Pale Ale is where it's at.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

Guess i got a good one. Ya the pale ale was what i was looking for but sold out. Now I'm even more curious to try it . I'll have to give barncat a go too.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Yeah I'm about 75% great bottles of the IPA to 25% a bit less great, but still damn tasty. The pale ale is really beautiful as well.
But I'd agree with Matthew, it's damn near impossible to beat Barncat around these parts for hoppy beers

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

This batch of Through the Glass is money. The last batch was just kinda there.

As said above, the Distorted is always good.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

So...been drinking Badlands for months. Was hoping to keep it quiet for a while. All winter they were distributing to LCBOs in Brampton and we were all loving it up here but we’re being kinda hush hush about it.

Their stuff pretty much rivals anything in Ontario. I love thingsike Goblin Sauce, IMHO, these guys are doing great things with hops.

When the brewery opens I’ll be there ALL THE TIME!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John