Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

lcboapi.com and drinkvine.com

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I use this site regularly to check for new listings.

PeteH

Post by PeteH »

JaseWescott wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:Yeah, I get that, thanks. That is my point. You see their entire inventory, a good 75% of which is complete crap.
The LCBO website is crappy. I hate how they just make up new sections and move things for no reason or tag things with the wrong style but it's all there is now :o
:roll: Or spells the name wrong, or doesn't list brewer, or makes you wade through a long list of things that aren't available, or doesn't list by actual style besides those horrible "bold and spicy" categories.

Really they just don't seem to care, or have any idea what an actual advanced search is. I love the LCBO inventory site by @LCBOWatch (thank you to them) when I'm looking into a specific store, but caskhunter was awesome because it tracked when my favourites actually showed up.

I actually use an old LCBO Food and Drink page for a more Boolean search when I need it. (Say all Belgian Beers)

http://www.foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/jsp ... anguage=EN

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Every now and then I'll pop on the LCBO site to check what online exclusives there are. My biggest gripe is there's no way to just see all the beer. You either have to filter it down at least one level (ie ale or lager) or you get all the beer and all the Sake for some reason.