Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Strawberry Beers

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

duckdown

Strawberry Beers

Post by duckdown »

I love strawberry beers, even Früli..

I’d really appreciate it if anybody spots any new strawberry releases to post about them here

I’m disappointed GLB locked their availability down and I was unable to order the Grimaces Tears Strawberry IPA they dropped last week, and is now sold out

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

How about Bud Light Strawberry Lemonade?

I mean...it does have the word strawberry in it. :D

But it also has Bud Light. :cry:

Maybe you could just pick up some strawberry lemonade at the grocery store. Cheaper. Can add vodka if alcohol desired. :wink:

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

S. St. Jeb wrote:How about Bud Light Strawberry Lemonade?

I mean...it does have the word strawberry in it. :D

But it also has Bud Light. :cry:

Maybe you could just pick up some strawberry lemonade at the grocery store. Cheaper. Can add vodka if alcohol desired. :wink:
Lol! Thanks.. Believe it or not, real strawberry beers do occasionally come out.. And I buy them ALL

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

It looks like Volo has Hansenns Oudbeitje right now.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Coronaeus wrote:It looks like Volo has Hansenns Oudbeitje right now.
Hey! Thanks very much for the reply.. I’m not familiar with with Volo even though I’ve heard of them for years

Will look into it now, thank you! If you spot any others please keep me in mind, cheers!

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

duckdown wrote:
Coronaeus wrote:It looks like Volo has Hansenns Oudbeitje right now.
Hey! Thanks very much for the reply.. I’m not familiar with with Volo even though I’ve heard of them for years

Will look into it now, thank you! If you spot any others please keep me in mind, cheers!

Best beer bar(s) in the province IMHO. They are currently selling a lot of their formerly on-site bottles to go under the new rules. I’m not sure what the shipping/pick-up options are though.

The price on the Hansenns isn’t terrible when you compare to what it goes for off the shelf in Buffalo. I haven’t had the strawberry one, but do find Hansenns to be generally good. I have some in the basement though, and might just put one in the fridge for tonight, after having this discussion

If I were you I’d also keep an eye on the Gleemer import options. You never know when they might add some odd strawberry 3F case to their offerings. It would likely sell out in seconds though!

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Coronaeus wrote: If I were you I’d also keep an eye on the Gleemer import options. You never know when they might add some odd strawberry 3F case to their offerings. It would likely sell out in seconds though!
I've never even heard of this, is it another website?

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

duckdown wrote:
Coronaeus wrote: If I were you I’d also keep an eye on the Gleemer import options. You never know when they might add some odd strawberry 3F case to their offerings. It would likely sell out in seconds though!
I've never even heard of this, is it another website?
Importers. They post in these forums. They being in some stuff that goes to the LCBO and some that is by case order direct from them. This is the website.

http://www.gleemer.ca/

They are very good with responses to questions and queries.

Check out Keep6 too. Same set up. The Importing wing of BarVolo.

https://www.keep6imports.com/

Cheers!

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Coronaeus wrote: They are very good with responses to questions and queries.
They really are! I fired off an email and got a pretty quick reply out of them, informative too. They said the competition is fierce though and it's rare and expensive.. Damn!

Cheers!
Awesome, I will!

Thanks for the cool leads!

Cheers!

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

duckdown wrote:
They really are! I fired off an email and got a pretty quick reply out of them, informative too. They said the competition is fierce though and it's rare and expensive.. Damn!

Cheers!
Awesome, I will!

Cheers!
I don’t doubt it would be pricey. That said, the prices on the imports from both places are very good when compared with other places. I have three US trade partners with standing requests for a bottle or two of any lambic I buy by the case.

Lots of people group together to split cases here too.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

duckdown wrote:

Cheers!
Awesome, I will!

Cheers!
I don’t doubt it would be pricey. That said, the prices on the imports from both places are very good when compared with other places. I have three US trade partners with standing requests for a bottle or two of any lambic I buy by the case.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Coronaeus wrote: I don’t doubt it would be pricey. That said, the prices on the imports from both places are very good when compared with other places. I have three US trade partners with standing requests for a bottle or two of any lambic I buy by the case.

How in the heck do I get in on this.

I also have a discord server which has a really nicely developing #beergarden channel where a bunch of us meeting up on the regular, doing trades, etc.. I'd love to invite you guys but it's not really super busy yet

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

New LCBO listing; no inventory yet.

Brock Street Brewing Strawberry Blonde

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

S. St. Jeb wrote:New LCBO listing; no inventory yet.

Awesome! Glad to see more strawberry stuff finally popping up.. I have no experience with Brock Street really. Any good?

Please keep em coming if you spot them anywhere else! Thank you!

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

duckdown wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:New LCBO listing; no inventory yet.

Awesome! Glad to see more strawberry stuff finally popping up.. I have no experience with Brock Street really. Any good?

Please keep em coming if you spot them anywhere else! Thank you!
I would say Brock St is middle of the road. Not necessarily bad but not much stands out either. That said, it sounds like you like strawberry the way I like raspberry and I'll enjoy pretty much anything with raspberry in it.