Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island Black Friday & Bourbon County Stout

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:28 am From HelloLCBO, just now:
"We do not have an exact release date/time for this product as yet. You can continue to monitor the site or select the 'notify me when back in stock' button on the product page, if available.If you are not signed up, I would encourage you to sign up for a myLCBO account for information about upcoming product releases: https://mylcbo.com/"

:roll:
Thanks. I have zero confidence that they will send a notification promptly when the beer becomes available online, but I can't spend the whole month clicking refresh on their website either so I guess I'll just need to roll the dice. Complete joke.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Exactly. It will be online and gone before they send out the notice, and whenever it does go online I won't be available.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Goose Island Toronto website now says it’ll be available at LCBO on Dec. 6th. We’ll see!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

10am tomorrow online:

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

Cass wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:08 pm 10am tomorrow online:

Thanks for the update Cass. Good luck to everyone!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Called up Goose Island and sure enough they still had the BCS releases still on tap today. '20, '21 and '22. So I sauntered down for a sample or two ($9/glass). Maybe they thought the beer would sell out earlier as it's not on the menu and I had to ask for it. Either way, still tasty.
Attachments
tempImageLDwmm6.gif

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

In typical LCBO fashion I was able to add these to my cart and pay for it 5 minutes before 10am.

Now I await the cancellation email because they allowed me to do this.

BINGEBOT

Post by BINGEBOT »

Their site manages to remain broken and bad despite the number of redesigns and years they have had to improve it... Needless to say, BCBS appears to be sold out except according to the experience delivered on the search results page.
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 10.16.13 AM.jpg

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I was able to snag two. It sold out really fast, way quicker than last year. Assuming there are no site issues, of course.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

When I ordered there was just over 1500 bottles, so I'm quite surprised it sold out that fast.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:31 am When I ordered there was just over 1500 bottles, so I'm quite surprised it sold out that fast.
Yeah, I saw that too and went back a couple of minutes later and it was gone.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

In the past, I seem to recall there being a $50 limit when ordeirng to be shipping to store. So I pre-stashed a couple of other bottles in my cart to get over that limit. Went to check out and was told that the availability of one of my items had changed. I was sure I missed out, but turns out it was one of the Pohjala stouts that I added that was the problem and I was eventually able to get the order through! Insane how fast they went.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

It's not sold out....I was getting the same issue.
Just went back and there are 600+ bottles left now. What a mess.
The beer I wanted to add to get to the $50 threshold is sold out now though, lol.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Provost Drunk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:37 am In the past, I seem to recall there being a $50 limit when ordeirng to be shipping to store. So I pre-stashed a couple of other bottles in my cart to get over that limit. Went to check out and was told that the availability of one of my items had changed. I was sure I missed out, but turns out it was one of the Pohjala stouts that I added that was the problem and I was eventually able to get the order through! Insane how fast they went.
Ya, I ordered all the Pohjaja stours a while back except the cocobanger one...which is what I wanted this time too, ah well!

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Still showing 425 available as of right now.