Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Indie Alehouse Stout Night - 10th Anniversary

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Indie Alehouse Stout Night - 10th Anniversary

Post by Cass »

I remember going to Indie's very first Stout Night at the Dundas pub and it was one of the more memorable beer nights had. Nice to see that it's back in person this year (didn't I host a Zoom edition last year?)

https://www.universe.com/events/stout-n ... nto-KHX0DY

I'm going to the evening session so if anyone else is going let's grab a beer!
Stout Night 2021

YEAR 10

Warning: This event is not for the "Light" Beer Drinker

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Stout Night is back for its 10th year, where there will be over 20 different Stouts pouring! For our 10th year of the festival, we will be bringing it back to the Indie production facility.

When: Saturday, December 18th

Session One: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Session Two: 5:00-9:00 PM

The ticket includes Entrance & Welcome Beer.

Additional drink tickets will be available for purchase for $3 a ticket. While most beers will be one ticket/pour some of the barrel-aged/high ABV beers will be two tickets. This is a tasting festival with a lot of high ABV beers. We will be serving the Stouts in 4oz pours.

Breweries: Amsterdam Brewery, Anderson, Beyond the Pale, Collective Arts, Fairweather, Great Lakes, Indie Alehouse, Left Field, Merit Brewing, Muddy York, Sawdust City, Short Finger Brewing, Tooth & Nail, Willibald Brewing, Fine Balance Brewing, Town Brewery, Matron, Third Moon, Barncat

Beer List: TBA but safe to say there will be a wide variety of STOUTS!

BEER RELEASE (x3)

Stout Night 2021 will be the release date of 3 new beers! They will be available for purchase on-site in a 3 pack.

Zombie Apocalypse Imperial Stout
Tiny Tom's Donut Stout - Pastry stout collab with Tiny Tom's
Bequeathed - Peanut Butter, Jelly, Banana Pastry stout - Collab with Third Moon

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Unfortunately Indie announced yesterday that this was being postponed. Makes total sense under the circumstances. Hope everyone keeps healthy!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Anyone going to go to Stout Night 2022?

https://stoutnight.com/

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Cass wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:43 am Anyone going to go to Stout Night 2022?

https://stoutnight.com/
How about this year? :P

I'll be there on Saturday, looks like a great one as usual.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I tried to go, but my plans/place to crash fell through. Going to a Great Lakes Tap takeover in Guelph instead.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Craig wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:33 pm I tried to go, but my plans/place to crash fell through. Going to a Great Lakes Tap takeover in Guelph instead.
That takeover at the Wooly is always a great time

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Cass wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:22 pm I'll be there on Saturday, looks like a great one as usual.
I hope you bought an early bird ticket, as they announced yesterday that the Goose Island Bourbon Country Stout will be getting poured there.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yeah, saw that on IG. Nice coup by Jay, and I also noticed that Indie did a collaboration with Goose Toronto which will also be pouring at Stout Night.

Goose Toronto for its existence has been wanting to play alongside the other notable beer players in the city so good for them and Jay for doing this.