Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Happy Holidays!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Happy Holidays!

Post by Cass »

Happy holidays folks! Hope everyone has some good beer in front of them this weekend.

Thanks for still being a part of TBT, hopefully we'll keep things up next year!
HolidayCard2021_final.jpg

Chris

Post by Chris »

Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus… what ever you celebrate may beer and family warm your house and your hearts!

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Wishing you all a happy Christmas and holiday season, and cheers to a somewhat less dismal '22!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Hope everyone's holidays were fun.
And... to the promise of a much better year 2022!! Cheers...

In Beerum Veritas

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Belgian wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:11 pm Hope everyone's holidays were fun.
that looks lovely!

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Belgian wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:11 pm Hope everyone's holidays were fun.
That looks like Zum Flaucher. Such a beautiful setting, I'd love to have something like that here.

Happy New Year to all, hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

seangm post_ wrote: That looks like Zum Flaucher. Such a beautiful setting, I'd love to have something like that here.
For sure that would be great here - the simple genius of trees to shade the beer, along with perfect snacks.

It's really not far from where my Aunt and Uncle now live, on Grünwalder Straße 3-4 km away. They enjoy these Biergarten more now that indoor meetings are so few.
Guess I'll have to go there next chance I get!
In Beerum Veritas

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Belgian wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:03 am
seangm post_ wrote: That looks like Zum Flaucher. Such a beautiful setting, I'd love to have something like that here.
For sure that would be great here - the simple genius of trees to shade the beer, along with perfect snacks.

It's really not far from where my Aunt and Uncle now live, on Grünwalder Straße 3-4 km away. They enjoy these Biergarten more now that indoor meetings are so few.
Guess I'll have to go there next chance I get!
Not a bad place to live, and to be able to visit! It is amazing the difference mature trees can make. Especially being in the middle of the park on an island, very peaceful but still convivial atmosphere.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

With the City of Toronto having been teasing/trolling us for the last few years about beer gardens in parks, I've been thinking of some beautiful locations in our ravines to propose. Not all tree covered, mind you, there are also some great lookout locations. There are obviously some great candidates in High Park or on the islands for something civilized, but also some equally interesting uncivilized spots in the river valleys.

Of course we would have to undergo mass education on how to behave, where to pee and responsible disposal of containers. Alas that might be a hurdle to high for this city...
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Can the province unilaterally legalize public consumption? It seems like everything else loosened up maybe this can be next!