Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What’s in the back of your fridge?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I gave up cellaring few years ago and got through most of my reserves during the pandemic. But I still have a 1x 1500ml and 3x 750s of Abt 12 from 2013 and a Mill St. Barley Wine in ceramic bottle from 2015.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

For my birthday my lady made roasted duck so I thought this 2015 Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad aged in cherries would go nicely. Was in my cold storage not in my fridge though 😄. I think it was from the LCBO winter release 4 or 5 years ago
413C8CD7-B648-4999-9843-9A6AA7BE4162.jpeg

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

GtownRandy wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:47 pm For my birthday my lady made roasted duck so I thought this 2015 Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad aged in cherries would go nicely. Was in my cold storage not in my fridge though 😄. I think it was from the LCBO winter release 4 or 5 years ago 413C8CD7-B648-4999-9843-9A6AA7BE4162.jpeg
Sounds like an epic combo. How did it hold up? Happy birthday!

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

The Boulevard still tasted great, could still taste the cherry, but it did have a lot of suspended yeast particles, especially at the bottom

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Nice one. I drank a 2016 BBQ in 2020 and it was very nice, seemed like the sort of beer that holds up well to age.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Found a bottle of Founders Backwoods Bastard in my cellar and am drinking it now. Held up okay, still oaky and starts bourbon but finishes more sherry like.

Remember when the LCBO was bringing in Founders for that short spell? Wish they'd cycle through some quality US breweries again.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Masterplan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:34 pm Found a bottle of Founders Backwoods Bastard in my cellar and am drinking it now. Held up okay, still oaky and starts bourbon but finishes more sherry like.

Remember when the LCBO was bringing in Founders for that short spell? Wish they'd cycle through some quality US breweries again.
I had one of those very beers not that long ago! Found it in my cellar and agree, it seemed to hold up fine. The LCBO selections of US breweries has been a bit puzzling in recent years (see Lickinghole Creek). Would kind of prefer some of the standards again like Victory HopDevil but perhaps that’s wishful thinking. I did enjoy the Deschutes Jubelale at Christmas however.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Founders is still in the lCBO. Their Porter came through in volume in the fall, and the all day IPA is pretty much always available.

RepLife

Post by RepLife »

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you, great beers in the cellar and a couple sneaky bottles in the back of the fridge. Now that things are lightening up covid-wise, I was thinking of resurrecting an idea I had for a bottle share event. Everyone pays a small cover (corkage fee) to a select establishment and we trade 5oz pours of unique beers while drinking a session beer sold by the establishment... Any takers? Venue suggestions?