Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fuller's ESB

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

markhenry

Fuller's ESB

Post by markhenry »

Does anybody know of a place in Ottawa that has Fuller's ESB on tap? And how do I find the best beer bars in Ottawa? I used to rely on ottawabeerevents but I'm guessing that is no longer updated.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Ratebeer has a places section (though it's fairly out of date since not many people are entering place ratings there any more) - https://www.ratebeer.com/places/city/ottawa/59/39/

Untappd lets you see where people are checking in beers near you as well as a venue search.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Untappd also has a "Find It" function for any given beer, although it's not perfect since it relies on bars/breweries who post their tap lists on the app.

markhenry

Post by markhenry »

I had tried both without success, but I thank you for contributing. My wife and I went to the Cheshire Cat on Monday night and I had an Old Speckled Hen, which I hadn't had in quite a while, and it is comparable.

bestbitterman

Post by bestbitterman »

I haven't seen it on tap in Toronto or surrounding area for a few years.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Come to think of it I haven't seen it at the LCBO recently either, or London Porter for that matter. LCBO only has London Pride listed right now. I would've actually expected the opposite seeing as they were acquired by Asahi a couple years back, typically those big purchases result in a heavier marketing push in existing and new territories.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

bestbitterman wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:01 am I haven't seen it on tap in Toronto or surrounding area for a few years.
I recall seeing it at Henry The VIII, but I don't remember how long ago. What is "a few years" now? What does that even mean anymore?

This year is going to be the best 2020 ever! :P
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

markhenry wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:00 am I had tried both without success, but I thank you for contributing. My wife and I went to the Cheshire Cat on Monday night and I had an Old Speckled Hen, which I hadn't had in quite a while, and it is comparable.
Have you been to the Manx recently? Is it still a going concern? How are they doing? I always liked that place. My speed I guess...

Except when they were too busy to get in the door. :cry:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.