Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Toronto Craft Beer Festival

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Toronto Craft Beer Festival

Post by Cass »

I'm not sure if I have heard of this event before, it says since 2016 but I don't recall seeing much about them. So much of this is what I can't stand about festivals...high ticket prices (it costs more to guarantee entry, the basic ticket is subject to capacity!), only token sampling, no kids allowed, no re-entry, etc. etc. I sometimes wonder how these kind of events survive, but I guess there's still a market for this. Got to wonder why the breweries do it as I can't imagine it is really that great of an experience.

https://www.tcbf.ca

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

I'm sorry, what? Tickets don't guarantee entry? You'd have to be insane to throw away $35 on an event you might not get into lol. I guess as the old saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute.

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

Cass wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:22 pm I'm not sure if I have heard of this event before, it says since 2016 but I don't recall seeing much about them. So much of this is what I can't stand about festivals...high ticket prices (it costs more to guarantee entry, the basic ticket is subject to capacity!), only token sampling, no kids allowed, no re-entry, etc. etc. I sometimes wonder how these kind of events survive, but I guess there's still a market for this. Got to wonder why the breweries do it as I can't imagine it is really that great of an experience.

This was a great festival but they have changed it a lot this year. They have implemented shorter sessions and the non guaranteed entry thing is insane. Until this year it was a long festival from 1pm-10pm. I loved it because you could take your time, space out your drinking and make the most of your sampling. I understand it's not the most economically viable option but it was one of the draws for me. Too bad.

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

ry_kinney wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:21 pm
Cass wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:22 pm I'm not sure if I have heard of this event before, it says since 2016 but I don't recall seeing much about them. So much of this is what I can't stand about festivals...high ticket prices (it costs more to guarantee entry, the basic ticket is subject to capacity!), only token sampling, no kids allowed, no re-entry, etc. etc. I sometimes wonder how these kind of events survive, but I guess there's still a market for this. Got to wonder why the breweries do it as I can't imagine it is really that great of an experience.

This was a great festival but they have changed it a lot this year. They have implemented shorter sessions and the non guaranteed entry thing is insane. Until this year it was a long festival from 1pm-10pm. I loved it because you could take your time, space out your drinking and make the most of your sampling. I understand it's not the most economically viable option but it was one of the draws for me. Sample prices were fair too. Oh well.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Is this the same festival at the CNE a couple years ago you got a fancy wristband and paid for everything with that? If it's the same one that I remember seeing the sheer chaos of the Friday night on social media and decided to sell my Saturday night tickets rather than go!

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

JerCraigs wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:54 pm Is this the same festival at the CNE a couple years ago you got a fancy wristband and paid for everything with that? If it's the same one that I remember seeing the sheer chaos of the Friday night on social media and decided to sell my Saturday night tickets rather than go!
TCBF is held at Ontario Place.