Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Godspeed & Czechvar - Oct 22/23

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Godspeed & Czechvar - Oct 22/23

Post by Cass »

Cool event announced by Godspeed:
PIVNÍ SLAVNOSTI:
A Czech Celebration Featuring @czechvar_northamerica

Saturday, October 22nd & Sunday, October 23rd

In a few weeks, we reach the culmination of a year-long project with one of the most illustrious breweries in the world. Join us as we celebrate Czech brewing culture and debut not one, but two collaborations with our friends at Czechvar. One brewed in České Budějovice and the other brewed here in Toronto, which marked the first international collaboration in Czechvar’s 127-year history. The rest of our taps will feature our entire range of Czech-style lagers, along with classic Czechvar beer.

Join us on Sunday, October 23rd for a toast as we welcome special guest Adam Brož, Brewmaster of Czechvar.

Delicious Czech food popup from @praguerestaurant.

Cans of our Toronto collaboration will be available for purchase in person and online on Saturday at 11am.

12pm-late both days.

Special thanks to the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Toronto for their tireless efforts and support for the event.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I was going to head to Cask Days on the Friday... maybe Saturday instead now!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Ugghh - another example of no info on their website.

effin' gen laZies.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Tapsucker wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:34 pm Ugghh - another example of no info on their website.

effin' gen laZies.
Good thing ya got BarTowel :)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:25 pm I was going to head to Cask Days on the Friday... maybe Saturday instead now!
I’m thinking Volo Friday, have a rest day, then Godspeed on Sunday. I think the brewmaster is only there on Sunday.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Cass wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:41 pm
MatttthewGeorge wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:25 pm I was going to head to Cask Days on the Friday... maybe Saturday instead now!
I’m thinking Volo Friday, have a rest day, then Godspeed on Sunday. I think the brewmaster is only there on Sunday.
CaskDays Friday, AirBnB Friday night, Godspeed Saturday. Home Saturday night.
This plan means bringing my wife, who won't drink on Saturday and will therefore drive.
And since it's our anniversary this coming Tuesday, it's like it was all meant to be!
Really looking for to all this!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge