Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Happy and Hoppy Holidays!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Happy and Hoppy Holidays!

Post by Cass »

Happy holidays everyone! Hope you have some unique & delicious beers lined up for the holiday weekend.

Thanks for sticking with the Bar Towel. As social media platforms get weirder it’s always nice to know that our old school forum is still here to provide a place for beer folks like us to chat. But we couldn’t do it without everyone who visits. Cheers!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Cheers Cass! Hope you and everyone have a safe and happy holiday!

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Cass wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:34 pm Thanks for sticking with the Bar Towel. As social media platforms get weirder it’s always nice to know that our old school forum is still here to provide a place for beer folks like us to chat.
Hear, hear! Happy Holidays all!

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Cass wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:34 pm Happy holidays everyone! Hope you have some unique & delicious beers lined up for the holiday weekend.

Thanks for sticking with the Bar Towel. As social media platforms get weirder it’s always nice to know that our old school forum is still here to provide a place for beer folks like us to chat. But we couldn’t do it without everyone who visits. Cheers!
My sentiments too.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Cass wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:34 pm Happy holidays everyone! Hope you have some unique & delicious beers lined up for the holiday weekend.

HI Cass:

Thanks, and same in turn. As you know I was involved early on this board, and for a long time.

I may participate again, from time to time, as timing seems opportune.

The Ontario beer community owes you a debt for your foresight in setting up and maintaining this resource.

Best wishes.

Gary
Gary Gillman

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

G.M. Gillman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:33 am I may participate again, from time to time, as timing seems opportune.
I hope you do Gary. I recall enjoying reading your thoughtful posts when you were active here. I always think of you as the guy that experimented with mixing two or more beers together. It made me laugh at myself when I carefully rinsed out my glass when going from one beer to another.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

S. St. Jeb wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:58 am
G.M. Gillman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:33 am I may participate again, from time to time, as timing seems opportune.
I hope you do Gary. I recall enjoying reading your thoughtful posts when you were active here. I always think of you as the guy that experimented with mixing two or more beers together. It made me laugh at myself when I carefully rinsed out my glass when going from one beer to another.
Many thanks, and always enjoyed your posts too. And blending,, I still do it sometimes!

As Cass knows I am quite active on my blog at www.beeretseq.com. Speaking of blending, I did a post today on blending in Ireland, early 1950s.

Porter and stout were mixed, they called it a "fill-up". (There is a comment function for all those posts, as well).
Gary Gillman

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

G.M. Gillman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:33 am HI Cass:

Thanks, and same in turn. As you know I was involved early on this board, and for a long time.

I may participate again, from time to time, as timing seems opportune.

The Ontario beer community owes you a debt for your foresight in setting up and maintaining this resource.

Best wishes.

Gary
Thanks for visiting again Gary! You're always welcome on the forum and feel free to swing by and promote your blog posts. Always interesting reads.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Much appreciated Cass. Travelling in France currently and may post some notes soon, e.g. wss much impressed with old classic Jenlain biere de garde the other day.
Gary Gillman