Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

beer (alcohol) and health

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Please share any examples of beers you've tried that were between 0.5-3% ABV that 'scratched the itch'...

The Big Drop stout was somewhat convincing to me.

According to Ratebeer there are low alcohol beers that are far more than just passable. For example..

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/miloslaw- ... pa/626210/

Is Bellwood's Stay Classy still available at 2.8%? I believe I saw a 0.5% version recently.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Beau's Lug Tread 2.5 was sort of OK so long as you keep it nice and cold. Last tried in 2021.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

cannondale wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:36 pm Please share any examples of beers you've tried that were between 0.5-3% ABV that 'scratched the itch'...

The Big Drop stout was somewhat convincing to me.

According to Ratebeer there are low alcohol beers that are far more than just passable. For example..

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/miloslaw- ... pa/626210/

Is Bellwood's Stay Classy still available at 2.8%? I believe I saw a 0.5% version recently.
I've been seeing these really highly rated nonalcohol beers from Eastern Europe, especially Poland. Wonder what their secret sauce is? I was thinking it would be cool to import some of them, but I don't know if it's cost-effective.

I'd recommend anything from Bellwoods, and Mikkeller if you find it. Also, Athletic and Partake are pretty good.

When I was in Ireland last spring, Guinness 0.0 was amazing. I've only seen it sold here by this Cambridge-based distributor. (Currently, they're out of stock.)

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »