Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2023 LCBO Summer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

2023 LCBO Summer Release

Post by Cass »

And here's the summer 2023 beer release at the LCBO!

Always love to see Boon back!

SKU # Product name Size
31346 Wildbrau Helles 500
19429 Armand & Gaston Oude Geuze 375
31364 Good Robot Thembot Guava Blackberry Sour 473
322529 Hofbrau Hefe Weizen 500 mL 500
31366 ST. BERNARDUS WIT 1320
31367 LAMBIEK FABRIEK - BRETT-ELLE 375
31370 Le Trou du diable - Perroquet IPA 473
32237 Equilibrium Astrophysics IPA 473
489435 Saison Dupont 330
23743 Kriek Boon 375

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I’m far from a wit beer guy…but something about the St Bernardus Wit sits well with me that I really enjoy it. It’s got a great minerality to it.
Really glad the DuPont is coming back as well, as I’ve been rationing my last couple.
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

This is the best release I've seen in a while.

An affordable kriek, a new lambic brewer, and an excellent geuze.

BartOwl

Post by BartOwl »

Originally, Kriek Boon was a great unsweetened lambic. Last time I tried a plain Kriek Boon, a few years ago at a bar, I found it was sweetened an much less complex. It seems their Marriage Parfait brand are their authentic lambics now. I hope the Kriek Boon the LCBO brings in is like the original, but consider this a warning. It might not be as good as it once was.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I personally have had the basic kriek recently and like it. The marriage parfait or oude kriek are better, but I understand segmenting them into three or four kinds to make stuff for more people.

I cannot say I'm much a fan of their basic raspberry. Too sweet for me.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Wow equilibrium at the lcbo. What a time to be alive!

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

will it be fresh? Heading there in a few days
Reliable Beer Critic

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Doesn't seem like it's even listed yet, I can't find it on the website. I'm also hoping Dupont will hurry up and get here soon, been craving some of that lately.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Are those SKU #s correct? Copy/pasting into lcbo website's search box, everything pulls up a different, unrelated product except for the Trou du diable

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The LCBO does weird things when you try to search by a SKU that doesn't exist. It somehow tries to guess the right search for you, showing you an essentially random result. Like searching for 23743, it says on the one side "no results" then shows me results for 234369 instead.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

seangm wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:34 am Doesn't seem like it's even listed yet, I can't find it on the website. I'm also hoping Dupont will hurry up and get here soon, been craving some of that lately.
Dupont is under the number from the last time they released it: https://www.lcbo.com/en/saison-dupont-551697

Wish they'd bring the 750ml bottle back. I bought cases of it, only have 1 bottle left.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

seangm wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:34 am Doesn't seem like it's even listed yet, I can't find it on the website. I'm also hoping Dupont will hurry up and get here soon, been craving some of that lately.
DuPont is in store, I was in Dundas last weekend and they had a large number.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:57 pm
Dupont is under the number from the last time they released it: https://www.lcbo.com/en/saison-dupont-551697

Wish they'd bring the 750ml bottle back. I bought cases of it, only have 1 bottle left.

Agreed, I prefer the large green bottles. I know I’ve heard of lots of people not liking them but I personally thought they tasted better than the 330ml. Also, for a beer like that I think the 750ml is a good serving size.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:27 pm Agreed, I prefer the large green bottles. I know I’ve heard of lots of people not liking them but I personally thought they tasted better than the 330ml. Also, for a beer like that I think the 750ml is a good serving size.
Agreed on both fronts: I too think it tastes better, and a 750ml of this style (and this beer in particular) is great for sharing or on my own.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I've always thought it tasted better out of the big green bottles too, but I just chalked that up to tasting with my eyes or my imagination or something.

The beer I really miss is Avec Les Bons Voeux. I used to get tons of that every holiday season, haven't seen it in ages.