Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Recruiting back to the Bar Towel

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

So all in all just about 30% of the emails bounced, either since the addresses are long dead or blocked for various reasons. I kind of thought it would be higher, seeing that the list goes back 20 years (!)

I find it funny that a few cranks would unsubscribe after never having received an email from me. Can't please everyone. C'est la vie.

Welcome back to those who clicked!

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

No word from Greg Clow? I see him on twitter.

What about Joey Capps, Dan-D-Man, Beer Kitten?

Would be great for Perry to stop by, too.

Same with Ken Woods. We don't seem to get Black Oak, locally, these days!

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Hey Cass and crew - thanks for the email, it was a good incentive to log back in and check things out. Congrats to you and everyone here for keeping this going over the years! I've checked in from time to time but it is certainly so nice to see so many familair names here on this current thread. Cass and I have run in to each other a few otimes over the years as well at various beer events and that is always a pleasure.

I've been in the beer industry for 11 years now, after just complaining about it on here for years before that :) . I live out in the Ottawa area now but I get back to Toronto now and then (and I still visit the Quinte West / Northumberland area quite a bit as that is where I am from).

I am thankful to say I have met some friends on here a long time ago that are now lifelong friends- folks like Gregclow, Blankboy, Jercraigs, Hogtown Harry, Garthicus, Rudolf, and Kekaroo (I think those are their usernames off the top off my head!)

I'll bookmark the site (are bookmarks still a thing?) and make a point to be more active on here. And maybe go back and clean up about half of my previous 1000 posts lol.

Take care everyone.

Cheers,

tupalev / Jeff

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Andicus wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:50 pm No word from Greg Clow? I see him on twitter.

What about Joey Capps, Dan-D-Man, Beer Kitten?

Would be great for Perry to stop by, too.

Same with Ken Woods. We don't seem to get Black Oak, locally, these days!
Greg still does a fine job getting the beer news of the day out at Canadian Beer News, but hasn't logged in here in over 5 years. Some of the other early adopters of BT, not sure what they're up to nowadays. I've always thought about Bar Towel like a pub...regulars will come and go over time, some folks just stop in once in a while.

I still see Ken at beer events, but not sure of current status with the Black Oak acquisition. Hopefully he's doing well whatever he's up to!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

tupalev wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:18 am I'll bookmark the site (are bookmarks still a thing?) and make a point to be more active on here. And maybe go back and clean up about half of my previous 1000 posts lol.
Welcome back Jeff! Nice to see you again on the forum, and thanks for that bookmark!

Bookmarking is old school, just like a forum - still does the job :)

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Cass wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:25 am Bookmarking is old school
For me, it's saving it as a favourite. Problem is, I don't know if that makes me more old school than you, or less. :lol:

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

tupalev wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:18 am Hey Cass and crew - thanks for the email, it was a good incentive to log back in and check things out. Congrats to you and everyone here for keeping this going over the years! I've checked in from time to time but it is certainly so nice to see so many familair names here on this current thread. Cass and I have run in to each other a few otimes over the years as well at various beer events and that is always a pleasure.

I've been in the beer industry for 11 years now, after just complaining about it on here for years before that :) . I live out in the Ottawa area now but I get back to Toronto now and then (and I still visit the Quinte West / Northumberland area quite a bit as that is where I am from).

I am thankful to say I have met some friends on here a long time ago that are now lifelong friends- folks like Gregclow, Blankboy, Jercraigs, Hogtown Harry, Garthicus, Rudolf, and Kekaroo (I think those are their usernames off the top off my head!)

I'll bookmark the site (are bookmarks still a thing?) and make a point to be more active on here. And maybe go back and clean up about half of my previous 1000 posts lol.

Take care everyone.

Cheers,

tupalev / Jeff
welcome back kw craft beer club allum

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Just came to take a quick look and noticed at the bottom it said 65 users were logged on.

Wow!

Wait. Only 4 were registered and 61 were guests. Wow!

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Cass wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:38 am So all in all just about 30% of the emails bounced, either since the addresses are long dead or blocked for various reasons. I kind of thought it would be higher, seeing that the list goes back 20 years (!)

I find it funny that a few cranks would unsubscribe after never having received an email from me. Can't please everyone. C'est la vie.

Welcome back to those who clicked!
Man, when we try and send them out to breweries for marketing, it's like 10% after six months. The whole thing is weirdly malleable.
saintjohnswort.ca

j@beaus

Post by j@beaus »

Hey Cass and everyone!

Didn’t get the email but did check back in and saw this thread.

Feelin kinda old when I saw my joined date is almost 20 years ago!!

Gonna need (another) new user name. lol

Jason

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

j@beaus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:42 pm Hey Cass and everyone!

Didn’t get the email but did check back in and saw this thread.

Feelin kinda old when I saw my joined date is almost 20 years ago!!

Gonna need (another) new user name. lol

Jason
Nice to see you back @j@beaus!

We’re all old so don’t feel bad about it lol :) Let’s enjoy the fact that we’re still friends & can chat about beer here after all these years! Hope you can come back and visit every once in a while.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'm pleased to report that in 2023 we had the most # of posts since 2020, easily topping the annual post counts from '21 and '22.

Maybe our strategy to bring some folks back worked, maybe some folks are wandering back due to Twitter/X's seeming steady decline.

No matter what, we'll still keep the beer chat going here, and thanks to everyone for sticking around!

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Thank you Cass for your continued work in running this site. I certainly enjoy it.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Cass wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:26 am I'm pleased to report that in 2023 we had the most # of posts since 2020, easily topping the annual post counts from '21 and '22.

Maybe our strategy to bring some folks back worked, maybe some folks are wandering back due to Twitter/X's seeming steady decline.

No matter what, we'll still keep the beer chat going here, and thanks to everyone for sticking around!

Wow, those AI bots must be getting better. :lol:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Newsletter time! I'm not sure in all the years if I ever did a digest style drop about some of the threads. I'll do it from time to time and see if any new (old) folks drop by. For the regulars, any feedback welcomed.

https://share.sender.net/campaigns/6WNT ... bar-towel-