Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Recruiting back to the Bar Towel

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Uncle Bobby wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm ZZZZzzzz....

Hmmmm?! What? Where's the snooze button?

Okay. You've got my attention @Cass . I trust all is well.

Do we still need to write code to post Universal Resource Locators to this resource?
Hey, look who it is! Nice to see ya @Uncle Bobby.

No longer is the url code necessary, just put the link and links from YouTube will automatically embed. Progress!

(I edited your posts just to make sure it was working)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

jmcnally wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:45 pm Cass, thank you very much for the email. I've been missing for a long while, but am still interested in beer and beery things. And you're right. Twitter and the other social media spaces are just not the same as a good 'ol forum. Hope to be more of a participant here (again).
Thanks for visiting again @jmcnally! Glad to hear you’re still into beery stuff. Looking forward to having you back!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Nice to be missed LOL

I hope you guys are doing well and having a cool time.

Many of you share great stuff so yeah, good to try to connect on here once in a while.
In Beerum Veritas

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Belgian wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:12 pm Nice to be missed LOL

I hope you guys are doing well and having a cool time.

Many of you share great stuff so yeah, good to try to connect on here once in a while.
The legend returns. Nice to see you again!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

You're email worked, @Cass! Here I am checking out the site once again. Would love to see this forum return to all its glory!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

How about that? It seems to be working!

Now we just need someone to step up with a crazy rant about something like pull tabs, or unreadable expiry dates, or skinny jeans, or something to get the crowd all fired up! :lol:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Pub Style wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:52 pm You're email worked, @Cass! Here I am checking out the site once again. Would love to see this forum return to all its glory!
Welcome back, @Pub Style! Nice to see you again on the forum.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Tapsucker wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:59 pm Now we just need someone to step up with a crazy rant about something like pull tabs, or unreadable expiry dates, or skinny jeans, or something to get the crowd all fired up! :lol:
I know, right! Where's Parkdale Brewery when you need it :)

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Same place it always was, I guess.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Good initiative Cass. It has already rekindled some interest from past friends of this forum.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Cass wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:53 am I've added a new feature to the forum - user mentions. So by going @ and then typing a username (list should appear) - such as @Cass it *should* create a notification for the person. FYI you can enable email notifications to yourself when this happens in the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Notification Options.
Nice, I actually tried to @someone the other day and figured out that it wasn't supported at the time

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

S. St. Jeb wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:30 am Good initiative Cass. It has already rekindled some interest from past friends of this forum.
Thank you, great to see some positive response with a few folks checking things out again.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Very happy to see all the posts here! Congratulations @Cass !

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Your email worked. I hadn't been to the site in a while.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

kwjd wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:00 pm Your email worked. I hadn't been to the site in a while.
Welcome back! It's pretty much the same here still - but as social media has changed, we haven't :D