Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Gold Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Black Gold Brewery

Post by Craig »

I found myself in Petrolia Ontario last weekend, so I stopped in here for lunch. Pretty big space, not very crowded. Had a somewhat limited food menu that generally had pub staples on it. I got the charcuterie board which was fine.

Beer was decent! I got their "pseudo lager" whatever that is. It tasted like a lager to me, which was what I was after in that moment and I have no complaints. I got a few other things to go and they were all fine. I don't know if I'd seek them out or anything, but if you're in town they're plenty good enough for a bite and a beer.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I stopped in on a tour of the Sarnia area breweries last year and we enjoyed. It was very busy as there was some kind of festival going on in town. Beers we tried were decent, and quite drinkable but not super exciting. Would give it another go if i was in the area. Maybe spend a bit more time exploring Petrolia next time. (It was the last of a multi-brewery day for us so we were less exploratory than we might have been otherwise.)