Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Best Happy Hour Deals in Ontario (Ongoing)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Best Happy Hour Deals in Ontario (Ongoing)

Post by Cass »

Maybe this has been somewhere else on the forum, but I can’t find something that’s dedicated to just Happy Hour deals at bars & taprooms. So let’s start it! With inflation and everything crazy I do find myself hunting for a good deal where possible.

Here’s one I’ve taken advantage of lots: Craft Beer Market on Yonge St. I am up and down on the bar as a whole, but they have a good deal during Happy Hour - $5 house beers and $7 rotating taps. Available 2-5pm and 9pm+ Mon-Thu, 2-5pm Fri-Sat and all day Sunday (which is a great spot for big sporting everts).

https://www.craftbeermarket.ca/menu/#ha ... r-features

Plus, $6 house beers on Tuesday too.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

$6 Steam Whistle from 2-4pm on Mon-Fri at Score on King.

https://scoreonking.com/wp-content/uplo ... 2023-1.pdf

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Walrus (for as long as it lasts) has a daily beer deal…

Monday/Tuesday $6 Creemore/Blue Moon
Wednesday $6 Phillips Dinosaur/Beau’s Juiced
Thursday $6 Lost Craft/High Park Hazy
Saturday $6 rotating beer

https://fp.readypay.co/WALRUSWEB/v2/order/menu

There may also be a beer deal 2-5pm M-F but not clear on site, but I remember it being certain beers.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

$6, 16oz beers at WVRST King St. on Mondays - so basically everything except sours & the German beers.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Collective Arts at Union Station has a deal from 12-5pm on Tues, Wed and Thurs where their draught beers are $5. They usually have four on tap. Otherwise their regular prices are quite pricy, as a 12oz glass runs $8.50-$9.50+extras.

https://collectiveartsontario.com/pages ... ion-pop-up

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

$5 select beers at Mascot Brewery on King St., 3-7pm Mon-Sat + 9-11 Fri/Sat.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0278/ ... 1693000893

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

The Pint by the convention centre on Front St. used to have some decent weeknight happy hour prices and a good selection. I haven't been in a while, so it might have changed. Their regular prices were not that bad either. The place can get a bit loud though.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Wasted Youth Bar on Dundas West (it was previously on Bloor) charges $7 for beer all the time and has interesting beers on tap. It is a decent faux dive bar with a back patio.
Wide Open on Spadina/Richmond always has drink deals going on. Beer specials normally just include Amsterdam blonde and amber which can be had for about $5 depending on the day. This is a real dive bar, a bit grimy. But it's good for when you want some cheap suds.

I encourage visiting these places as we need some downward competitive pressure on prices.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Indie Eataly Birroteca has good Happy Hour deals from 3-6pm on weekdays:

- Bionda, Lupo or rotating beer special - $6 for 12oz
- Happy Hour beer and pepperoni pizza - $22
- Flight of any 3 beers (5oz each) - $9
- $5 snacks (pistachios, pralines, olives, or crackers)

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

For those uptown, Function Bar at Y&E has $7.50 pints with a good interesting selection on Friday and Saturday happy hour.

Regular prices are a bit steep (isn't it everywhere now?), but their food prices and offerings seem very fair.

I wish they were open Mondays, as that would be the perfect night for me to drop in...
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Thanks for the Wasted Youth and Function Bar recommendations! :D

I went on Saturday afternoon to Wasted Youth and it seems to be a reasonably good Thirsty & Miserable replacement. (I do miss T&M! :cry: )

Function Bar will be a good place to go up at Y&E when I can't drag friends over to Granite.
lister

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Avling on Queen East has $5 draught and $6.5 375 mL bottles from 5-7 on Tuesday to Friday.

A bit of bits and bites are also reduced.

Their branding focuses a lot on inclusivity, but I found some of the service to be haughty. Quite a bourgeois vibe to the place.

Prices are good (happy hour, exclusively), but I can't say it's a whole-hearted recommendation.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

The GLB Brewpub on Lower Jarvis is now offering $5 pours of weekly new releases on Fridays between 7-9pm, plus live music. They also have Industry Night on Mondays after 6 with $5 pours of three core beers and a $10 smash burger meal. AND they have a new loyalty program that gives you $10 off when you spend $100 (not sure if it includes bottle shop purchases). Essentially another 10% off.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Rorschach is now doing $5 pints all day Monday and Tues. to Fri. from 2-6.