Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goldenfield Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SirMoosealot

Goldenfield Brewery

Post by SirMoosealot »

Hi everyone!

I'm Richard, and I'm new here. I had heard about this place through a few friends, and I had to leap and say hello.

I've *just* started my new career in beer since September, and I've landed at Goldenfield Brewery, nestled right on Sunrise Ave. Cass, kindly let us introduce ourselves on the forum, so I'm quite chuffed to be here. :D
Our taproom had its soft opening four months ago, where we have a tasting room and lounging area with seven styles of beer: A pilsner, witbier, double IPA, IPA, blonde, amber, and, of course, a baltic porter for the holidays. (With another on the way!)

We're excited to have our grand opening on the 18th, where we'll have an Italian BBQ pop-up, music, and all-day $5 pints to kick off the celebration at noon.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, and we welcome you to visit! I'm the front-of-house guy, so you'd likely have me hosting you if you do!

Cheers!
-Richard (or Moose, as my friends call me.)

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Welcome! Cheers!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

SirMoosealot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:09 pm Hi everyone!

I'm Richard, and I'm new here. I had heard about this place through a few friends, and I had to leap and say hello.

I've *just* started my new career in beer since September, and I've landed at Goldenfield Brewery, nestled right on Sunrise Ave. Cass, kindly let us introduce ourselves on the forum, so I'm quite chuffed to be here. :D
Our taproom had its soft opening four months ago, where we have a tasting room and lounging area with seven styles of beer: A pilsner, witbier, double IPA, IPA, blonde, amber, and, of course, a baltic porter for the holidays. (With another on the way!)

We're excited to have our grand opening on the 18th, where we'll have an Italian BBQ pop-up, music, and all-day $5 pints to kick off the celebration at noon.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, and we welcome you to visit! I'm the front-of-house guy, so you'd likely have me hosting you if you do!

Cheers!
-Richard (or Moose, as my friends call me.)
Welcome Richard (or Moose)! Thanks for joining and sharing some info about Goldenfield. My buddy said very nice things about your taproom & beers and I look forward to checking it out soon!

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Looks like it is located quite close to the soon to be closed Muddy York location. Good for local beer enthusiasts.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

I came by your booth in the Leslieville shipping container market a couple times! Definitely try the Amber.

roland

Post by roland »

It's hard to find bourbon barrel aged stouts under $10, so I raced over over to Goldenfield when it released its $8 tall boy cans.
I'm happy to report that it's a solid value, better than the similarly-priced Left Field Blackburns and the St-Ambroise Imperial Porter.