Barrel Heart Brewing and Blending

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

anthony9

Barrel Heart Brewing and Blending

Post by anthony9 »

No longer in Ancaster.

Now at 104 King Street West in Dundas. I haven't been, but they're in a cute old post office building. Definite upgrade from their old place. Interior is well thought-out, too.

I plan to go when the weather gets a bit warmer.

I have no relationship with the brewery, but they are my favourite in the province.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for the update! I stopped in at their old location on the way back from a road trip last year (although Google Maps didn't know where it was). I had a nice chat and beer with Mark then. Glad they've moved to a spot closer to town. Will definitely head for a visit soon.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Had a couple of their beers but have never been there. I need to stop by

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I was driving through the area and stopped at the new Barrel Heart taproom in Dundas. Great spot right on the main strip, a block away from Shawn & Ed.

About a 30 seat taproom in a pretty historic building, with a patio with a number of tables out front. I don't believe the patio is fenced in which gives is a nice vibe.

9 beers on tap yesterday and a bottles available. There is a kitchen as the space used to be a bakery, but it's not in full time use just yet.

Had a nice catchup with Mark who mentioned that lots of brewers were coming by this weekend as it was the CBAs.

Definitely worth a visit!

distr0

Post by distr0 »

I made it out there last weekend too. Great spot, good beers. They were doing pizza at the time which was great as well. Beers are not cheap!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A note of clarification from the original post - they still have their original facility which is where they brew & blend. The new spot is just a taproom. But I don't think the original spot is open for visits anymore.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

distr0 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:18 am I made it out there last weekend too. Great spot, good beers. They were doing pizza at the time which was great as well. Beers are not cheap!
Certainly a premium product and price. I like that it's more accessible than their old location. I've liked everything I've had from them, but they have such little in half bottles that the taproom is nice to try.

A certain Italian-esque bar on College raised some of their Lambic (vigneronne) prices from 12 to 14. Sadly, I think this kind of beer will never be moderately priced.