Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beers of the World--Rochester NY

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Has anyone else been to Beers of the World in Rochester NY? I went this weekend, and it was incredible. We went to Rochester to visit relatives, and I was hyped about going to Premier Gourmet in Buffalo (which, of course, is unbelievable). Well, imagine my surprise when in Rochester my brother-in-law brings me to a store almost the same size as a decent LCBO store in Ontario but dedicated soley to beer. The variety was great. I would guess there were 1000-1500 different beers available. They even had a bottle of Sam Adams Millennium Ale--though I didn't has the $270US asking price. I was able, however, to get 5 different vintages of Thomas Hardey's Ale. As well, they had a good selection of brewery glasses, home brewing supplies, and tap equipment. Granted Rochester is a little further than Buffalo (and hour-and-a-half to be exact). But, if you're after great beer, it's worth the extra time.

Just wanted to get the word out about a great beer hunting find.

Cheers, Joe

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

An hour and a half from Buffalo to Rochester? Was your horse tired or something?

Just kidding, though, BOTW is a great store, and if you're looking for things not found at Premier, it's the place to be. Their German selection is especially notable, and they carry obscure foreign lagers that, while not appealing to Bartowel fans, do appeal to immigrants from those countries who might be looking for a taste of home (or people looking to relive a past vacation). I get emails about this all the time and this is where I send those people if I can.
Go to Premier first to save yourself some time, but always bear in mind that BOTW is there, and is rockin'.

Apparently in the same town (Henrietta) there is now a new MacGregor's with 120 taps or something like that. Worth a weekend trip, if you ask me.