Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

10,000 posts

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

10,000 posts

Post by Cass »

Hey all,

Interesting to see that in the last day we hit 10,000 total posts on the BarTowel forum. Time for a little reflection upon this milestone...

Now I know that this forum isn't even close to other high-volume forums on the 'net, but I think for a forum that is relatively niche we have a good thing going, with a great community and lots of interesting discussions happening.

Anyway, a forum is nothing without its members, so I wanted to say thanks. Since I started the forum around June 2001 I never thought it would turn out as great as this.

Thanks again,
Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Alright, well I just joined yesterday, but congrats to everyone anyway.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

What it lacks in volume, it certainly makes up for in quality! Congrats, Cass for an outstanding job. We should also, indeed, be thanking you.

As a sidenote, it seems to be getting a little busier as of late.

Cheers,

Andrew

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Cass,

Thanks for providing us this opportunity and home.

Joe.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

nteresting to see that in the last day we hit 10,000 total posts on the BarTowel forum. Time for a little reflection upon this milestone...
I'm "reflecting" right now Cass...happy mile stone ..."here's to BT" as he tilts a Sgt. Major's. :wink:
Aventinus rules!

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

Of all the beer-related links in my favourites folder, The Bar Towel Forum is at the top of the list. Keep up the good work, Cass, and cheers!

*Click here* for an interesting link. :wink:

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Hell, I remember when we'd be lucky to have 2 or 3 posts a week! :)

Here's to 10,00 more...

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

wow. when I joined up there were less than 20 members and now there's more than 400. it's nice to see that many poeple in toronto and beyond into good beer. hats off and congrats to cass for keeping a good thing going for the local crowd

kp

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Yeah I remember when I joined....back in the day.......
There was 9,990 posts, and then, all of a suden, BAM, 10,000.

yeah I am a newbie, but it's still nice to see a milestone, and recognize a job well done!
To many more!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mustang3

Post by mustang3 »

Who had the honour of making post # 10000?

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Congratulations, Cass. This is a great website, and it is a tribute to your hard work. You have enriched all of us.

Thank you,

Brian
::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's ma-a-a-gic!"